Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

I know we have all said the land will be elevated but its crazy to see it on top of a building

It's an exciting prospect in design that's now really starting to take off in creative ways.

I'd like to know the genesis of the concept. You could say Magic Kingdom with the utilidors or Indiana Jones or maybe Transformers with the two level design in such a small space that helped bring the idea back recently.

Man I need a map with a legend showing where all these new changes are going to be in Hollywood because all I am picturing in my head is a cluster of things all over the place. I wonder if they would ever consider putting Springfield on the chopping block? As much as I love the franchise, I don't feel like there's much going for it. They could definitely add two (maybe even three) rides there in a new theme.

It's been a long time since I've watched an episode of the simpsons tbh... but I love how immersive simpsons land is. I'd be ok with it if they got rid of a few stuff and just made it like a fox toons lot by adding Bob's burgers, futurama, the pj's, and family guy.

Man I need a map with a legend showing where all these new changes are going to be in Hollywood because all I am picturing in my head is a cluster of things all over the place. I wonder if they would ever consider putting Springfield on the chopping block? As much as I love the franchise, I don't feel like there's much going for it. They could definitely add two (maybe even three) rides there in a new theme.
Springfield isn't quite as big as it is in your mind's eye. It's also not going anywhere for a while yet. It's still not even four years old and a lot of the BOH facilities are shared with the Three Broomsticks. Plus, Fox does a big corporate celebration there every year when the new season premieres, so I don't think they want to say goodbye to that just yet.

Springfield isn't quite as big as it is in your mind's eye. It's also not going anywhere for a while yet. It's still not even four years old and a lot of the BOH facilities are shared with the Three Broomsticks. Plus, Fox does a big corporate celebration there every year when the new season premieres, so I don't think they want to say goodbye to that just yet.

Thanks for clarifying, didn't realize that before. :)

Let's assume for a moment that in Japan, the parking lot to the right of the Mario Kart building is used for future expansion and the park opens with the Mushroom Kingdom and Mario Kart attractions. The overall size between USH and USJ isn't really that big. 0.2 of an acre. Here's what USJ's layout looks like overlaid onto of USH (for a more accurate representation). By rotating the MK building Hollywood was able to gain valuable space. This would leave SS 18, 19 and 20 perfect for expansion similar to USJ's parking lot.

layout.jpg

Last edited:
...Japan really looks like only 1 attraction. No way Hollywood would get something additional when our space is even smaller.
Japan has 1 E-Ticket and a raised omnimover kiddie ride — plus restaurant, play area, and gift shop. It’s not big, but by stacking the play area on top of the restaurant, and the queue for the omnimover under its track, they fit a lot into a fairly small space.

But, with Hollywood having even less space, I think you lose the 2nd ride, but maybe keep the gift shop/play areas.

With what appears to be a Secret Life of Pets omnimover ride opening at the park, I don’t see another family omnimover opening here anyway.

I will admit, that seeing the area today, its going to be a tight squeeze for Hollywood. It is going to be interesting to see how this is going to play out. The Mario Kart show building is going to take up half of the plot we see today! That does not leave much for land footprint.

The truth is, there is a plan out there, we as guests don't know the truth yet. I hope to still see Panda and Studio Cafe removed...at least.