Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soft opening thoughts...

Kong's official opening was July 13. We so happened to be there in June and I was a lurking this lovely forum. I distinctly remember rumored softs for about a week, and then, as we were eating early dinner at Confisco (to shift around and avoid dinner crowds) on June 9, this forum lit up with "it's happening", "it's happening!", and "it's really happening". We ran over and got in! That soft was an amazing experience.

So, HMCMBA is opening June 13. I will be there May 22- June 2. Please let this happen! :grin: :freak:

If this does work out, I have noticed that a few other members of this fine forum plan to be there at that same time. We should definitely do an IU soft rush. :toast: :cheers:

Soft opening thoughts...

Kong's official opening was July 13. We so happened to be there in June and I was a lurking this lovely forum. I distinctly remember rumored softs for about a week, and then, as we were eating early dinner at Confisco (to shift around and avoid dinner crowds) on June 9, this forum lit up with "it's happening", "it's happening!", and "it's really happening". We ran over and got in! That soft was an amazing experience.

So, HMCMBA is opening June 13. I will be there May 22- June 2. Please let this happen! :grin: :freak:

If this does work out, I have noticed that a few other members of this fine forum plan to be there at that same time. We should definitely do an IU soft rush. :toast: :cheers:
I’m camping out as soon as the walls come down. See ya all there!

EDIT: Or maybe not, I may be on vacation at the end of May. Booooo!

As long as the full name is in fiber optics at the entrance I'm loving it. Lots of twinkling lights.
Will this be the most expensive coaster ever made?
Does it matter? We know Disney always spent more than Universal, Efteling spent less, in the end it's the result that counts. That said I think it's Universals most expensive coaster.

I doubt the launches are all reversible, so I can't see how they have run sections, but not full circuit. Unless they are just testing animatrons.

I agree, throwing down a 100 day gauntlet to sell hotel rooms without some serious testing completed would be VERY risky.
I know generally with LIM/LSM launches it takes a lot of time to adjust the launch to the correct speed/force. With so many launches, it could be pull a train onto a launch, test just that launch, then pull to the next launch and adjust that one. It's one thing to test like that, it's another to send a train through the full course. Especially with an untested launch/spike/drop/switch section and the dual drop tracks, there's a lot of tricky timing that needs to be tested for reliability.

My fear is they will be able to open for June 13th, but with limited capacity because the timing issues won't have been fully worked out by opening. This would then mean diminished capacity through the summer as keeping the ride operating would be the priority, not wanting to take the ride down for addition test and adjust to get the intervals up to full speed and capacity.

Several Intamin coasters have had these kind of growing pains. I still remember 20 years ago when they opened Volcano at Kings Dominion late, and with only eight of the sixteen seats because they couldn't get the system working the way it was designed to. The ride spent the first season operating like that, only going to full capacity after tinkering over the off season. In parks with no off season, it could mean downtime as they make the adjustments.

Yeah we're not talking about that at all, I'm SHOCKED they gave us a date. I figured that'd be a March thing. Makes me think more this is a response to a Disney dump than vice versa.
It's not like Universal outdid Disney on a massive attraction announcement. They outdid them on something that would've been in the back-end of the news cycle even in Orlando from Disney. A new entrance and a play pavilion isn't a big announcement nor would anyone have really cared on social media even if Potter HADN'T been announced.

A certain DL fanboy on twitter had the nerve to compare this to Slinky Dog Dash and I’m like dude seriously get your facts straight. It really pissed me off yesterday that he really was coming off kind of like a jerk talking about he hit a nerve with some people. Only thing the rides have in common is that their both family friendly and that’s it. :thud:

Just reading the replies to a Tim Tracker tweet asking how people think this coaster will compare in thrill factor to others in Orlando shows how unsure the GP seems to be about what this coaster actually is. Ranges from Slinky Dog, to mine train, to Mummy and Gringotts are fairly common opinions. But, to be fair, all people have been told is that its a family friendly coaster.

A certain DL fanboy on twitter had the nerve to compare this to Slinky Dog Dash and I’m like dude seriously get your facts straight. It really pissed me off yesterday that he really was coming off kind of like a jerk talking about he hit a nerve with some people. Only thing the rides have in common is that their both family friendly and that’s it. :thud:

I don’t think he was comparing it in that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.