Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

ehhh I went in September last year and it was pretty Obscene.
Seems like September had scattered days of crowds, while October was consistently packed. I got lucky for a few days in September with crowds but not October. It got so bad, the scareactors had to be outside the Twisted Tradition scarezone 'cause of the crowd flow.

I am wondering if they will move the scarezone normally in Central Park elsewhere. Like in front of Mel's or something since the crowds were the biggest problem in Central Park, most likely due to its somewhat narrow pathway.

Crowds are crowds are crowds. Although a show does eat some of them up.

I know we went the crazy route and did opening day, AP extra hour and Express. Finished Halloween 4 at 12:20. Talk about cutting it close. Our lesson learned - it doesn't matter what the length of the line is. Use Express. Spend more time in the scare zones with your saved time.

I get multi-day as I refuse to support Express.

We are getting a free 2nd day ticket this year (thanks universal), but we make a whole vacation around it so adding express really is hard to justify on top of how expensive the vacation is as is...

I get multi-day as I refuse to support Express.

I went multi day last year, but I'm going with express this time. I went about two dozen nights last year, and about half by myself. I skipped a lot of houses as I wasn't willing to wait in a long line alone.

That's the reason I don't support express. It causes already long lines to get exponentially longer.

Some of the houses here in CO have a skip the line for the skip the line line. Like a VIP ticket. I wonder if we will ever get to the point where we will have a FF+VIP? Hmmmmmmm.....

Some of the houses here in CO have a skip the line for the skip the line line. Like a VIP ticket. I wonder if we will ever get to the point where we will have a FF+VIP? Hmmmmmmm.....
That's the slippery slope right there. Express causes standard lines to drastically get longer, causing people to buy express which increases the express line. It's hilarious how stupid and cannibalistic it is, but it makes them money like crazy.

That's the RIP tour.

Right but I was referring to adding the cut in line benefit RIP tour gets with a FF pass. Due to how popular Express is I'm surprised we haven't seen this option yet.

Edit: Thinking about it though. It might not be realistic to add this option. They would have to either have additional people guiding you through the lines to the front or add a 3rd line.

Last edited:
Any idea if RoF will include more dates this year to cover the earlier opening? Booked 11th - 25th September so will be gutted if it doesn't.

Also, any idea when these go on sale?

Any idea if RoF will include more dates this year to cover the earlier opening? Booked 11th - 25th September so will be gutted if it doesn't.

Also, any idea when these go on sale?
May-june if I remember correctly. And I bet RoF doesn't cover any extra dates, but I have nothing to back that up with