Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

That villagers male hat.... oooof. I think that’ll be cut.
It's in line with canon and Constable Zuvio. It makes sense to me.

Also CM's who are in costuming/ ones who have tried on the costumes are reporting that the costumes have a TON of ventilation. The costumes themselves aren't just form over function (as one of my sources indicated.)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's in line with canon and Constable Zuvio. It makes sense to me.

Also CM's who are in costuming/ ones who have tried on the costumes are reporting that the costumes have a TON of ventilation. The costumes themselves aren't just form over function (as one of my sources indicated.)
Thank you. This is important info! That's of course been most people's first reaction to some of the costumes, especially the ones for the village, outside.

But... but... CuLtUrAl ApPrOpRiAtIoN!!! ;)

I like the uniforms as well. It’s nice that the specific ride uniforms are completely unique. Also makes me excited for the “imperial” side of the RotR queue.
Are people really reacting like that? It wouldn’t surprise me sadly.

The light blue vests and hats are really the only thing that I don’t care for much. Of course, that may change depending on the interior aesthetic of Smuggler’s Run. They could fit in perfectly, so we’ll see.

So I watched a stream of the reveal last night. The base village costume has 20 combinations (4 tops 5 bottoms). These can then also be changed up with a variety of hats, gloves, necklaces, scarves etc. Lots of accessories.

That base costume is also used for Smugglers Run with the addition of the vest / hat.

All the costuming has two different fabric styles I believe/ cuts. So they can be really unique. Ability to roll up sleeves and really customize. Lots of ventilation and mesh use, but everything is aged and textured.

Rise of the Resistance has two unique costumes. A rebel costume and a first order costume.

I’m calling it now, the line to get into SWGE will run from the Grand Avenue entrance to the entrance of DHS. You will get in line on the left side of the entrance just past guest relations.
Everyone keeps saying stuff like this but I have a BOLD prediction. It’s not going to be as bad as people keep making it out to be. 1). Disneyland’s will have already opened so it’ll take the brunt of Star Wars fanatics who must see it day one and general fans who want to experience it earlier. 2). We keep hearing about how crazy the crowds will be...but I never hear anyone saying that they’ll actually be going. Now I’m not saying no one will be there, I’m just saying I think all of this talk about how crazy it’s going to be has literally convinced a good portion of the public that going around opening is not worth it. I think you’ll have some long lines, I’d probably guess Pandora level lines, maybe slightly higher, consistently for a couple of years.

Everyone keeps saying stuff like this but I have a BOLD prediction. It’s not going to be as bad as people keep making it out to be. 1). Disneyland’s will have already opened so it’ll take the brunt of Star Wars fanatics who must see it day one and general fans who want to experience it earlier. 2). We keep hearing about how crazy the crowds will be...but I never hear anyone saying that they’ll actually be going. Now I’m not saying no one will be there, I’m just saying I think all of this talk about how crazy it’s going to be has literally convinced a good portion of the public that going around opening is not worth it. I think you’ll have some long lines, I’d probably guess Pandora level lines, maybe slightly higher, consistently for a couple of years.
While I’ll agree that most hardcore SW fans will do whatever it takes to see it at DL first, the majority of east coasters will be unable to afford a trek west and will therefore bank on going to the DHS one. Having seen the Potter reaction and the Pandora lines for FOP that can still be crazy long, I think the first 1-2 weeks of SWGE are going to be insane. This is a franchise that is +40 years old and still very popular

While I’ll agree that most hardcore SW fans will do whatever it takes to see it at DL first, the majority of east coasters will be unable to afford a trek west and will therefore bank on going to the DHS one. Having seen the Potter reaction and the Pandora lines for FOP that can still be crazy long, I think the first 1-2 weeks of SWGE are going to be insane. This is a franchise that is +40 years old and still very popular
Yeah, that makes sense but it still ignores the fact that no one is saying they’ll go in the first weeks? Everyone says they’ll avoid it like the plague.