Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

Everyone keeps saying stuff like this but I have a BOLD prediction. It’s not going to be as bad as people keep making it out to be. 1). Disneyland’s will have already opened so it’ll take the brunt of Star Wars fanatics who must see it day one and general fans who want to experience it earlier. 2). We keep hearing about how crazy the crowds will be...but I never hear anyone saying that they’ll actually be going. Now I’m not saying no one will be there, I’m just saying I think all of this talk about how crazy it’s going to be has literally convinced a good portion of the public that going around opening is not worth it. I think you’ll have some long lines, I’d probably guess Pandora level lines, maybe slightly higher, consistently for a couple of years.

Disney and Universal have learned a lot from WWoHP. Hogsmeade was too small and it showed. Universal was not prepared for the onslaught of guests that day. It was a huge failure of ops.

Anything like that will never happen again.

Bold prediction: outside of soft openings and maybe opening week there will never be a line to get into the land, like Diagon.

This is why I am waiting until February or May 2021 (need to find out when GotG coaster will be open before making a decision). Hopefully crowds will be manageable by then!

Also, Scott Gustin should be giving a lot to look at in the next day.

Disney and Universal have learned a lot from WWoHP. Hogsmeade was too small and it showed. Universal was not prepared for the onslaught of guests that day. It was a huge failure of ops.

Anything like that will never happen again.

Bold prediction: outside of soft openings and maybe opening week there will never be a line to get into the land, like Diagon.

Two weeks at most for Orlando, I am more interested about Disneyland in this regard.

More-so, because you are going to have right next to the Resistance side, two high-capacity E-Ticket's and a D-Ticket, alongside the Disneyland Railroad station right next. There are variables that I have to wonder if it may be different for CA, just because of the crowd in-take of that particular area.

I have seen more than one person hyping today's announcement up, this tweet is saying that it will be in 1 hour(?), so we won't have to wait much to find out.
The only thing I can imagine being announced is DL's opening date.

Edit:

> GMA
That would be 8 hours from now right?

Last edited:

Lots of information to process in here, but I have some observations:

- With the open marketplace design approach, I get the impression there will be very few places throughout the land with AC.

- The food and drink options sound intriguing (Barbecue pork and grilled sausage? Why yes, I'll have some!), though with only one sit-down venue, I'm curious/worried about how Disney plans to provide places for people to eat this stuff and escape the heat (see the above point).

- I admire the attempt to create in-world merchandise that is (seemingly) pretty high-end stuff, but with prices to match, this will be an interesting test case for just how much a family is willing to spend. Harry Potter souvenirs and merchandise can run a pretty penny, certainly, but Universal's pretty good about offering a wide range of stuff at multiple affordable price points, so thrifty families can still find some stuff to get the kids without totally breaking the bank. Hopefully there is a similar range with the Galaxy's Edge merchandise.

- They are taking my suggestion about offering lightsabers that are higher-quality than the cheap plastic you can find when exiting Star Tours, but they have may gone slightly too far. $110 for a custom hilt, another $50 for a blade, and presumably another XX dollars for the crystal that will give the blade its color. That's steep. The two variations they show in the gallery look neat, though.
swge_custom-lightsabers_merch_0206zr_0389dr.jpg

- If even 70% of the amount of detail, place-making, and interactivity described in those various articles actually comes to pass in the final land, it's going to be an incredible area to explore.

Last edited:
It took some time for me to post because of how overwhelmed I was with the amount of info we got.

So far I've read these 3 articles:
Disneyland’s Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge sneak peek: Photos and more about the rides, food, merch – Orange County Register

See inside the Rise of the Resistance ride coming to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland – Orange County Register

Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be Disneyland’s most interactive experience. Let’s play - Los Angeles Times

Everything was perfect, everytging we've been hearing and dreaming being confirmed and more- until...
major red flag
20190228_025317.jpg

Key word is "making it feel like"
I had already loweres my expectations because I knew what we dreamt with(and even Imagineers too) wasn't doable on a theme park. But I was hoping they would work something out.
On an article that gives me what I was expecting and more, this was pretty underwhelming to read.
He also doesn't pass confidence when you say "we worked hard on it but it will be up to our audience". If he tought it was great he would've said so, or at least "it will be up to them, but I'm sure they will love it".

I'm also curious about how a 20 minutes 13 persons at time experiencie, as the lightsaber building experience is being described, is going to work. If you have to book in advance, it will be harder than to book in Be Our Guest.

Now I will go back and find some more articles from the 2 dozen journalists, to read. lmao

"The blue milk is actually plant-based dairy — essentially rice milk — which makes it easier for everyone to enjoy, even the lactose intolerant. And it’s soft-frozen, like a milkshake.

Galaxy’s Edge beverage director Brian Koziol says it has been sweetened and infused with berry and melon flavors. “It’s a lot like a smoothie.”"

THAT'S BECAUSE IT IS A SMOOTHIE!

It took some time for me to post because of how overwhelmed I was with the amount of info we got.

So far I've read these 3 articles:
Disneyland’s Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge sneak peek: Photos and more about the rides, food, merch – Orange County Register

See inside the Rise of the Resistance ride coming to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland – Orange County Register

Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be Disneyland’s most interactive experience. Let’s play - Los Angeles Times

Everything was perfect, everytging we've been hearing and dreaming being confirmed and more- until...
major red flag
20190228_025317.jpg

Key word is "making it feel like"
I had already loweres my expectations because I knew what we dreamt with(and even Imagineers too) wasn't doable on a theme park. But I was hoping they would work something out.
On an article that gives me what I was expecting and more, this was pretty underwhelming to read.
He also doesn't pass confidence when you say "we worked hard on it but it will be up to our audience". If he tought it was great he would've said so, or at least "it will be up to them, but I'm sure they will love it".

I'm also curious about how a 20 minutes 13 persons at time experiencie, as the lightsaber building experience is being described, is going to work. If you have to book in advance, it will be harder than to book in Be Our Guest.

Now I will go back and find some more articles from the 2 dozen journalists, to read. lmao
With regard to the Millennium Falcon attraction there are 2 pilots, 2 gunners, and 2 "engineers". In terms of engagement and having a real impact on the ride experience it would go: pilots>gunners>>>>engineers.

The engineer positions have much less control over the experience than the other four. I think it's a good compromise. It balances interactivity with practicality.