Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 214 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Disney’s reaction to UOR’s Hagrid announcement?
I actually believe the opposite, since all the stuff we got yesterday was most likely planned in advance and UNI knew it was coming.

As the hype train leaves the station, I feel even more confident in my prediction. People are going to spend lots of time in the land and thefore cause a big logjam getting in.

Reactions: HPFred
Disney’s reaction to UOR’s Hagrid announcement?

No.

No. They were going to announce this stuff either way. In Disney's eyes, Hagrid is nothing to worry about.

Uhhhh no.

I actually believe the opposite, since all the stuff we got yesterday was most likely planned in advance and UNI knew it was coming.

As the hype train leaves the station, I feel even more confident in my prediction. People are going to spend lots of time in the land and thefore cause a big logjam getting in.

Not everything needs to be a “response” or counter programming.

Good to see confirmation there will be lot's to do in the land with interesting stores, bazaars, and food/beverage/liquor selections. That's the key to a land that seems alive and not museum like.

From the looks of things you could spends hrs in in some of those stores just looking for all the easter eggs and general look of them.

Who wants to bet both of those products are made from higher quality material than what we'll find at the theme park?
I mean that’s pure speculation, but ok. Universal charges 60+ dollars for mediocrely molded sticks that have no use outside the parks. I would say for what you’re getting vs. price point, it’s comparable. I’d do it for the experience, which seems to be what this is.

I mean that’s pure speculation, but ok. Universal charges 60+ dollars for mediocrely molded sticks that have no use outside the parks. I would say for what you’re getting vs. price point, it’s comparable. I’d do it for the experience, which seems to be what this is.

I mean, the wands are an overpriced, crap product as well. No argument here.

Reactions: Mike S
I was totally ready to buy a lightsaber until they told me it was $110 for just the hilt. That is highway robbery. Oh well.

Plus it sounds like they're going to be doing a souped-up version of Ollivanders: small groups (which must be "scheduled," apparently) will be guided in a 20-minute experience to create their sabers. So Disney wants this to be an attraction in itself, which - though potentially fun for those who will throw down the cash and go through the hassle of "scheduling" - could be a questionable choice.

It doesn't appear there will be a place (at least initially) where a person can just walk in and buy one.

Reactions: Mike S and HPFred
Plus it sounds like they're going to be doing a souped-up version of Ollivanders: small groups (which must be "scheduled," apparently) will be guided in a 20-minute experience to create their sabers. So Disney wants this to be an attraction in itself, which - though potentially fun for those who will throw down the cash and go through the hassle of "scheduling" - could be a questionable choice.

It doesn't appear there will be a place (at least initially) where a person can just walk in and buy one.

I would imagine, like Ollivanders, there will be a separate store attached to the "experience"

Reactions: Mike S and HPFred
I worry about the Disney Play app.

It can be finicky and glitchy as is and based on the article, I wonder if they’re really using the phone interactivity to the best of its ability.

Also, minor qualm, but putting SWGE activities in the Play app seems like a small break of immersion, no? Since they’re clearly going all out on this land, I would have expected a separate app that was themed to be rebellion communicator of sorts (sorry, I don’t know Star Wars technology well :lol:)

That being said, I was just sent a survey this morning about the Play app, so I’m sure they’re aware of its issues.