Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there was a change to the layout, it was done maybe like a year ago. It can be months before we hear rumors, so we’re likely always somewhat behind on receiving the actual info.

I have seen two variations of layouts already, but until they actually start building the thing, can we really know what it will be like exactly?

Also, worth noting, if they’ve decreased the height dramatically from the initial plans, perhaps the beating Taron on speed rumor is out the window?

I don't think so, the trellis supports are still standing so I have hope for the balcony and some of the outdoor area. At the very least they have to provide fire egress from the lower doors.
Good call on fire egress. I assumed the balcony would now be too close to the coaster supports. Universal never seemed to be a fan of the Cedar Fair/Six Flags philosophy of having masses of coaster supports near walkways.

Isn't one of the theories that the area in front of the DC will be open to the public and be a plaza of sorts. Also someone mentioned about the track being over the water, allowing the area to be used. Plus, how is someone suppose to get to the entrance of the ride or the extended queue from the bridge without walking through that area?

Isn't one of the theories that the area in front of the DC will be open to the public and be a plaza of sorts. Also someone mentioned about the track being over the water, allowing the area to be used. Plus, how is someone suppose to get to the entrance of the ride or the extended queue from the bridge without walking through that area?
Yes, right, yes.

It seems there will be a courtyard of sorts and this is a way of spreading out the crowds.

Although beautiful this backside of the visitors center was always a dead area in the park.
With the closure of the "short cut boat ride" and the peeing and sneezing dino interaction area there is a nice plot of land to develop. I love how Universal (just like with Kong) finds these pieces of land and re-develop them to add new experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.