Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 220 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I agree with @Teebin, top level immersion has been done with Diagon 5 years ago, period. Swge and pandora are just attempts to top it, and the only thing that swge can out-do potter in is the attractions, immersion has been set in stone already IMO.

And i almost forgot about hagrid. Im Sorry there's just no way swge can blow all of wwohp out of the water, maybe close but no its too much for them and potter just translates so well into the parks, it basically sells itself. Disneys trying to make their own star wars.

Last edited:
I think Gringotts is about as good as the ride could have been given the space it was given. People want the characters involved, so it needs to slow down to allow for that. Imo FFL should have gone to Diagon from Day 1, which would have given the land more room for both Gringotts and another smaller dark ride

I mean, Hagrid’s ride is bigger than the entirety of Diagon Alley
Really? That seems insane

I think Gringotts is about as good as the ride could have been given the space it was given. People want the characters involved, so it needs to slow down to allow for that. Imo FFL should have gone to Diagon from Day 1, which would have given the land more room for both Gringotts and another smaller dark ride
Personally I wouldn’t have minded no characters and just a ride through the vaults and seeing the sights. That would’ve been fantastic.
I mean, Hagrid’s ride is bigger than the entirety of Diagon Alley
The caverns of Gringotts are HUGE in the movies. The ride should’ve at least attempted some kind of bigger scale and speed like what’s seen on film. The stop and go really is a detriment even though I still enjoy the ride.

Personally I wouldn’t have minded no characters and just a ride through the vaults and seeing the sights. That would’ve been fantastic.

The caverns of Gringotts are HUGE in the movies. The ride should’ve at least attempted some kind of bigger scale and speed like what’s seen on film. The stop and go really is a detriment even though I still enjoy the ride.

Honestly the only comments I tend to hear are “it’s good but could have been better” ... I really think people would have preferred a simpler family friendly coaster through the vaults. No characters needed. Put an AA goblin on board each train. Done.

For those wondering where I am on the fence for this: I want to book a special trip just for SWGE and an After Hours event (plus the day in the park). So yeah.
Unless I get a preview invite, I think I'll largely hold off till they do a paid event.

I think will increase domestic tourism however I think for Disneyland tourism may not hit the numbers expected due to the international travelers demographic (East Asia) while i expect Disney world to overperform as majority of the tourists who attend Disneyworld come from countries (Europeans/Central/and South America) where the new series is a resounding success

I think the lands look great, everything is well themed. However the price point of merch and I'm guessing due to the demand they will probably mark up F&B prices making the experience rather unsavory for me.

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
There is no way Disney doesn't offer a ton of upcharge fastpass options for this land. The experience in this land will be way different for guests of different means.

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
Disney just announced that the Hilton Bonnett Creek and Waldorf Astoria guests will now be eligible for 60 day fastpass plus. The two hotels total 1500 rooms. At an average of 3 to 4 guests a room, that's a heck of a lot of 60 day fastpasses to throw into the pool. Getting a fastpass for GESWL rides just got tougher, if that was even possible.
Just reading on Magic the responses to this. Nearly every single poster is up in arms over this news. New thread a couple of hours ago and they already have 6 pages of responses complaining how unfair that is to AP holders and Disney on site hotel guests, and how much tougher it will be to get FP for the new attractions.

Just reading on Magic the responses to this. Nearly every single poster is up in arms over this news. New thread a couple of hours ago and they already have 6 pages of responses complaining how unfair that is to AP holders and Disney on site hotel guests, and how much tougher it will be to get FP for the new attractions.

The rumors are also strong that they will offer pay options for at least SWGE. Different from express though. Maybe just shy of a straight up bidding auction for fast pass slots.

The rumors are also strong that they will offer pay options for at least SWGE. Different from express though. Maybe just shy of a straight up bidding auction for fast pass slots.
Yeah, makes sense. I've said the same in the past.I'd expect them to try to monetize the 'hot ticket'.

Was talking to a few friends who don't go to theme parks much and certainly don't go to Disney. I've only ever known them to go to Universal - a few times around HHN and a few around the holidays and Mardi Gras. They caught wind of the media blitz yesterday and it was all they would talk about for about 15 minutes today. And it's not like they are huge SW fans either. They're more what i'd consider to be casual fans, but they are already sold on the land.

I think quite a few of you are underselling just how popular it will be. This is going to bring out a bunch of people who would never feel like they have any other reason to visit a Disney theme park, I think. And I also think some of you are over-estimating how the huge fans will just automatically flock to Anaheim. If you live on the east coast and love SW, but are on a tight budget, you very likely aren't going to fly all the way out to Anaheim where tickets are more expensive and the flight is more expensive as well (rather than possibly just driving to WDW).

The main positive is that the land will be able to hold a ton of people. But I also feel like once people are in, they aren't going to leave for quite some time. It seems like you could spend hours in this land and still be entertained, even if you had fastpasses.

Was talking to a few friends who don't go to theme parks much and certainly don't go to Disney. I've only ever known them to go to Universal - a few times around HHN and a few around the holidays and Mardi Gras. They caught wind of the media blitz yesterday and it was all they would talk about for about 15 minutes today. And it's not like they are huge SW fans either. They're more what i'd consider to be casual fans, but they are already sold on the land.

I think quite a few of you are underselling just how popular it will be. This is going to bring out a bunch of people who would never feel like they have any other reason to visit a Disney theme park, I think. And I also think some of you are over-estimating how the huge fans will just automatically flock to Anaheim. If you live on the east coast and love SW, but are on a tight budget, you very likely aren't going to fly all the way out to Anaheim where tickets are more expensive and the flight is more expensive as well (rather than possibly just driving to WDW).

The main positive is that the land will be able to hold a ton of people. But I also feel like once people are in, they aren't going to leave for quite some time. It seems like you could spend hours in this land and still be entertained, even if you had fastpasses.

Yeah this place is going to be a living hell for awhile. It’s a massively popular IP getting a land for the first time in Orlando. It doesn’t matter if it opens in Disneyland opens first. A lot of people are going to wait for Disneyworld to open to go.