Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 519 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if this Universal does "out-AA Disney", both Universal and Disney are improving upon their weaknesses with these new attractions. Hagrid will give them a much more themed environment and have pretty much NO SCREENS - something that will be refreshing for Universal. On the Disney side of things, many of their rides actually do have AAs or are reliant on a more physical environment as it is (and both Star Wars rides seem to be very immersive in the queue and ride portions for the most part with a themed practical environment). They are also giving Disney some "Universal rides", as I think of them, since Disney has lagged so far behind Uni on these types of rides.

For both Universal and Disney, these attractions will be big wins and improve weaknesses as I stated.
Yes, we've brought this up before. Basically Disney is becoming a bit like Universal ...and...Universal is becoming a bit like Disney....Mostly positive moves to address areas that the two needed for balance

One piece of theming that I really would like to see them add is a themed element on top of the spike something similar to Expedetion Everest’s broken track piece: I feel as though it looks tacky just having it end
haven't really thought of this but you're right. ALTHOUGH, the ride is simulating a flying experience on a motorcycle, so it like flying up and falling back I think. You shouldn't theme track when you're technically "not supposed to be on a track." Some nice icy blue lighting and fog will make it look nice and dramatic.

Yea, a mangled track fits thematically on Everest but not here.

Though I wish they made a fake tree at the top, similar to those cellphone towers that are suppose to blend in...

original.jpg

It does look like they painted the track like a tree.

I do like the treatment to the track in this area, but IMHO where it sticks up in the air and ends just looks out of place to me. I'm thinking if there were some fake leafy branches at the top it'd be less jarring against the surrounding trees.

I do like the treatment to the track in this area, but IMHO where it sticks up in the air and ends just looks out of place to me. I'm thinking if there were some fake leafy branches at the top it'd be less jarring against the surrounding trees.
Imo it will attack more attention to it than distract from the fact it is a piece of track. Also there could go some more real trees around the spike, it's not done yet. Same goes for the whole ride, but you still will see track, as you do in any themed coaster if you look for it.

Imo it will attack more attention to it than distract from the fact it is a piece of track. Also there could go some more real trees around the spike, it's not done yet. Same goes for the whole ride, but you still will see track, as you do in any themed coaster if you look for it.
Yea, if they put fake leaves on the spike we’ll surely make fun of it.

Yea, it's not a big deal. I mean I'd be the first to point out on most dark rides you can see the track and can tell you're on an RV while people have bricks coming out of their posterior because it's an outdoor rollercoaster. For the most part it was tasteful done with a muted track, I just don't like the look of the track sticking up in the air and abruptly ending (from a riders perspective too). The example I choose was purposely not the best just to illustrate but it could blend much better if done right.

...I just don't like the look of the track sticking up in the air and abruptly ending (from a riders perspective too)...
I think as a rider most guests won't see the spire until it's there. Walls and trees are relatively close around the track blocking your view. Than there is the direction the vehicle goes or where it is going to. Upon that there will be things along the way directing our eyes and ask our attention. Even when you go straight at the spike you have a cave between you and the spike with a car on it and I'm sure I will be busy looking at whatever is going on there and wondering what is hidden in the cave.
The views we have from a helicopter is nothing compared to what we will see from ground floor. Will it be visible when you look for it, sure, don't look for it if it bothers you. I rather see the spike than not having a spike because of theming issues.

To be fair, that spike is far too steep for it to be you 'taking off' unless Hagrids bike has a secret rocket mode ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.