Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 491 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As it will Waterworld come, I think its probably the lowest level priority to appear because that attraction takes up a lot of space and maintenance cost is quite a bit despite the super high guest satisfaction rate it gets worldwide. I think if it did come we would end up losing something else like UCM which most people here would prefer more.

If Jurassic World is fated to come to the fourth gate, I think it would be nice to see them alter Waterworld to be like the Mosasaurus feeding scene from the first movie. I would imagine it would be even more maintenance-heavy than the current attraction, but it could function as the land's high capacity e-ticket along with the Gyrosphere attraction. Not to mention that seeing an animatronic of that size would be incredible.

The way I see it:

• Super Nintendo World- Mushroom Kingdom & Donkey Kong Country
  • World of Dreamworks- Isle of Berk (HTTYD) & Far Far Away (Shrek)
  • World of Monsters- This one feels a bit harder to predict, since it seems like an amalgamation of concepts rather than a focus on specific IP's. But I could see one land being a generic medieval village (Dracula & Frankenstein), and the Amazon (Creature of the Black Lagoon).
  • Jurassic World- Since this is just one IP, I could see the lands being themed to the lands of the actual park (Gyrosphere Valley and Mosasaurus Arena), as seen here: https://guides.gamepressure.com/static/mapy/en/gfx/map_1323.jpg

Please no. From what Screamscape is saying, the new JW E-Ticket is a VR Simulator. I'd rather have the Kuka Arm over that any day.

giphy.gif

Just for using screamscape as your source

I thought Dave mentioned more around the vicinity of what Beijing is doing, at around 20+ attractions? I could be wrong, but I thought that was what he was mentioning in the past.

I think Disneyhead said somewhere in the vicinity of 14 attractions for Opening day (not counting secondary stuff like street shows,flats, M&G's etc.) . That's around what Shanghai opened with also.

Yup.

Shanghai
9 meatier attractions (8 if you kick out Pooh)
4 flat rides
1 canoes
1 major climbing structure (which I think is better than some rides and could be considered amongst the meaty attractions IMO)
3 bigger indoor shows
1 stitch
1 toon theater

-------

1 indoor walkthrough
2 outdoor maze/discovery trails
2 outdoor major play areas (Pirates Cove/Adventure Isle)
2 indoor exhibits/multi-M&G's
1 parade / 1 fireworks

Beijing
8 meatier attractions
2 scene-less kiddie coasters
4-5 flats
2 indoor theaters
1 major outdoor stunt show

Less known is all the little stuff. I don't think it will have quite Shanghai's density of outdoor walkthrough 'attractions'. But Hogsmeade obviously has a of little 'attractions' that add to the whole and I expect that to be the case amongst JW and the Kung Fu Panda area.

-----

All of which is to say I'd expect 20% less than what either of the Asian Universal/Disney parks offered. That's just the reality of launching a new destination versus a third gate.

6-8 meaty rides. 9 if we are really lucky.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Please no. From what Screamscape is saying, the new JW E-Ticket is a VR Simulator. I'd rather have the Kuka Arm over that any day.

Unless something major has changed after they submitted planning applications it's still a massive immersive darkride. Could be Spider-Man tech or could be something new using Kuka (probably fits the Gyrosphere design better but who knows)

Just zoom in on the below and you can makeout something much more than a VR simulator:
1-1p60111063wu.png

As the mods and @Brian G. have said this is the thread for BLUE SKY ideas. Nothing is confirmed and everything is ideas and concepts.
So you agree that just 4 worlds right now is blue sky to me 4 worlds just seems very small sorry. Let’s say if it were only 4 worlds Nintendo is coming World if Monsters is coming but the last 2 aren’t confirmed we don’t know if FB or DreamWorks will show up. Jurassic World has already been cut from the 4th gate.

So you agree that just 4 worlds right now is blue sky to me 4 worlds just seems very small sorry.

If you think of a world as a traditional land then yes it does seem small. But the idea is that a world will contain lands within.

Dreamworks could have individual lands for Shrek, Kung Fu Panda and How to Train Your Dragon.

Classic Monsters could have Frankenstein and Dracula.

Nintendo could have Mario and Donkey Kong.

Within these lands you can have rides, restaurants, meet and greets, shows.

If you think of a world as a traditional land then yes it does seem small. But the idea is that a world will contain lands within.

Dreamworks could have individual lands for Shrek, Kung Fu Panda and How to Train Your Dragon.

Exactly. I think these will be expansive multi level worlds. The fact that there are 'only' 4 doesn't bother me at all. Hell, Disneyland opened with 4 lands plus Main street and I'm sure UFW will be bigger than that.

So you agree that just 4 worlds right now is blue sky to me 4 worlds just seems very small sorry. Let’s say if it were only 4 worlds Nintendo is coming World if Monsters is coming but the last 2 aren’t confirmed we don’t know if FB or DreamWorks will show up. Jurassic World has already been cut from the 4th gate.
I’ll paypal you $100 if Dreamworks doesn’t show up in the new park.

If we go back to IoA again, it opened with 5 (is)lands not counting the entry. USF started with more areas, but an area could be just 1 attraction while at IoA they were more fleshed out. Just continue that concept of Worlds being even more fleshed out and containing multiple areas...

FW will start bigger than IoA even if it has less main sections, they're bigger... and still have expansion room for the future.

I don't understand why all of this isn't obvious. The vibe I'm getting is that the days of standalone attractions in generic themed areas or even lands are virtually gone. You won't have a Shrek ride opposite an illuminations Minions ride just along from a Universal Monsters Cafe.

Hell, a KFP ride isn't going to be next to a HTTYD attraction in this park ala Shrek or minions, I don't even see it as being like Spider Man is just down from Dr Doom for the most part(possible exceptions), genuine IPs will be in their own recognisable spaces. Forget the previous examples of generic or mix and match lands and I think this is closer to what're going to see.

My impression was to look at USB for new ride systems or park innovations but other than that it is a regular studios park.

UFW is entirely designed from scratch with never before used IPs. So just because China might getting JW don’t expect that to come to the new gate especially with the exclusivity agreements.

We already have JP at IOA and HP so it wouldn’t make sense to put FB at Site B but that is my opinion.

Just got out of HTTYD3. If Universal *doesnt* build that property a legit E-ticket, it’ll be a crime

I hope that they don't go down the Flight of Passage route (I assume you obviously think the same :lol:) because it's expected, lazy and will draw unexpected comparisons that's not needed.

The Arthur ride system seems to tick all the right boxes:

Family coaster.
Inverted.
Allows for practical effects and screens.

My impression was to look at USB for new ride systems or park innovations but other than that it is a regular studios park.

UFW is entirely designed from scratch with never before used IPs. So just because China might getting JW don’t expect that to come to the new gate especially with the exclusivity agreements.

We already have JP at IOA and HP so it wouldn’t make sense to put FB at Site B but that is my opinion.

I get the impression that USB is going to be a greatest hits park with guaranteed successful rides and a few unique rides to keep up interest.

The problem that FW has it that anything that can be cloned of value is already in their Orlando parks. (I say problem as far as Unviersal Creative are concerned but for us, it's a big win as it's all new)

Status
Not open for further replies.