Future of Toon Lagoon | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Toon Lagoon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah, Dudley used to be my favorite ride in the park when I was younger. Now, not so much. Getting in and out of the boats if you’re not a kid is a total chore. And every year I see that they do a refurb in the offseason, but every year it looks like it’s in worse shape than the previous year.

And someone brought up a few posts ago about limiting the capacity per boat. I actually thought about this too. But I go in the summer, it’s consistently a 90 minute wait and sometimes reaches capacity in the middle of the day. I have Express and wait no more than 20 minutes. But limiting the capacity per boat would be a nightmare for overall capacity.

Yeah, Dudley used to be my favorite ride in the park when I was younger. Now, not so much. Getting in and out of the boats if you’re not a kid is a total chore. And every year I see that they do a refurb in the offseason, but every year it looks like it’s in worse shape than the previous year.

And someone brought up a few posts ago about limiting the capacity per boat. I actually thought about this too. But I go in the summer, it’s consistently a 90 minute wait and sometimes reaches capacity in the middle of the day. I have Express and wait no more than 20 minutes. But limiting the capacity per boat would be a nightmare for overall capacity.

I can't remember the last time I went on it Dudley that the full length of the station was being fully used but I've not been in the peak summer in over a decade. If they can get the boats dispatched quicker, it could maybe work and the only way to dispatch boats quicker is to have more boats loading simultaneously and hoping that having more room in the boat with 4 guests instead of 5 will allow for quicker entry and exit.

After prior inspection Mack Rides seems to have been the manufacturer of Dudley...I'm sure they could come up with a better log design

But I think if they had to re theme toon lagoon I would go with half of it being rugrats and the other half sponge bob. The area from marvel up to popeye could become rugrats themed and the rest including popeye and dudley can become spongebob.

Reactions: ThatDude16
But I think if they had to re theme toon lagoon I would go with half of it being rugrats and the other half sponge bob. The area from marvel up to popeye could become rugrats themed and the rest including popeye and dudley can become spongebob.

I liked Rugrats when I was a kid, but I think the franchise has been dead for at least a decade. I don't think kids today would recognize it at all. It's almost as culturally obsolete as most of the IPs in Toon Lagoon, and as such would be a poor choice for a replacement.

I liked Rugrats when I was a kid, but I think the franchise has been dead for at least a decade. I don't think kids today would recognize it at all. It's almost as culturally obsolete as most of the IPs in Toon Lagoon, and as such would be a poor choice for a replacement.
Rugrats is actually getting rebooted, but either way, I agree it isn’t a good theme park property nor culturally relevant.

As a relatively-in-decent-shape 23 year old, I dread having to get in and out of the Dudley logs. I have kind of figured out a method of getting out fairly easily, but every single time I worry that it won't work. Lol.

Reactions: RFRees and Scott W.

I love water rides, especially when its "Burn your skin off "degrees outside in the summer, but this ride is something I won't ride anymore because of the ride vehicle. It not only hurts to get it but when the boat is bumping and thumping against the edges, it doesn't feel good. I hate it that it's so un-enjoyable now because I love water rides and drops and all that in a good lengthy ride.

And that queue, oh my don't let anyone slag on hygiene or pass gas and its an all out war with your nose due to the tight spaces and what not.

Oh my god I’ve been thinking all day about how Spongebob would be a perfect fit for Toon Lagoon. He has generational appeal, and they could make the first full-scale Bikini Bottom land.

The only issue is that IoA’s lands seem to be, to an extent, based off actual books or comics, and Spongebob is a standalone TV show.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Oh my god I’ve been thinking all day about how Spongebob would be a perfect fit for Toon Lagoon. He has generational appeal, and they could make the first full-scale Bikini Bottom land.

The only issue is that IoA’s lands seem to be, to an extent, based off actual books or comics, and Spongebob is a standalone TV show.
It's only a limitation if you let it be.

Most of the toons featured throughout the land were TV shows, most notably...... Dudley Do-Right.