Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 226 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think they'll get a lot of locals checking it out early, and then wait a little bit before returning when the other ride opens. So, that could help.

Does anyone know for certain if Rise will NOT be open for Orlando initially as well, or only Anaheim? There seems to be some confusion on the internet about that.

The official Disney Parks Blog post says both lands will have a phased opening:

Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge to Open May 31 at Disneyland Resort, August 29 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios | Disney Parks Blog

One of the posters on Magic said he checked WDW hotel availability for a vacation stay in September 'yesterday'. He said there were 11 resorts with available rooms then. He said he just checked again and all that was left for the days he wanted was rooms at 3 of the deluxe resorts.

Reactions: Magic-Man
On one hand, I was thinking Disneyland opening up first would help quell the crowds in Disneyworld just a hair- at least from the massive fans. But I think it's going to actually make it much, much worse- in particular now that RotR is going to be pushed back on both coasts.

My prediction:
The May 31 hype train at DL will have social media, news stations, etc abuzz. Everyone will see how incredible the land looks and show their kids and spouses "See- we need to go to Disney World". They see it opens August 29th, they schedule their trip for later in the year.

The levels of insanity we are going to see for this are going to be unprecedented. Like nothing we've ever seen.

This is going to be a tough initial opening with just one so so capacity ride available. At least Hogsmeade had the really high capacity rethemed twin DC coasters and the rethemed Hippogriff coaster, in addition to Forbidden Journey with its super high capacity ....and Diagon had high capacity (once they fixed it) Gringotts and high capacity Hogwarts Express..... won't be so bad once they fix that ROR issue and open it up.

Nah. I mean it’ll be busy but we’re getting to the law of diminishing returns now.

You've been underselling this thing for months with your "only 1-2 days of line to get into the land" talk. You changed that to 1-2 weeks, which is still woefully underestimating it.
Disney certainly isn't; considering their disclaimer at the bottom of the announcement saying there is no guarantee you'll get into the land.

You're going to be very, very wrong.

On one hand, I was thinking Disneyland opening up first would help quell the crowds in Disneyworld just a hair- at least from the massive fans. But I think it's going to actually make it much, much worse- in particular now that RotR is going to be pushed back on both coasts.

My prediction:
The May 31 hype train at DL will have social media, news stations, etc abuzz. Everyone will see how incredible the land looks and show their kids and spouses "See- we need to go to Disney World". They see it opens August 29th, they schedule their trip for later in the year.

The levels of insanity we are going to see for this are going to be unprecedented. Like nothing we've ever seen.

Or they’re going to see 4+ hour lines and people standing shoulder to shoulder and say “We can wait until a year or two from now.”:lol:

You've been underselling this thing for months with your "only 1-2 days of line to get into the land" talk. You changed that to 1-2 weeks, which is still woefully underestimating it.
Disney certainly isn't; considering their disclaimer at the bottom of the announcement saying there is no guarantee you'll get into the land.

You're going to be very, very wrong.

Disney also set up a queue for ST2 opening day around the entirety of Streets of America and it was nowhere near necessary.

Not saying the two are equatable, just that Disney’s expectations don’t always match reality

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SeventyOne
Disney also set up a queue for ST2 opening day around the entirety of Streets of America and it was nowhere near necessary.

Not saying the two are equatable, just that Disney’s expectations don’t always match reality

You and Joe are peas in a pod. I look forward to your surprise at the "idiots" who wait when the land is at capacity for months and months on end.

I then subsequently look forward to your "overrated" comment about both of the rides and the land. We already know it's coming.