Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 229 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Highly doubt it. They have stated it won’t be.
Well they also said that SWGE was opening Late Fall at WDW. So they can change their mind if things go their way. Now do I think RotR will be open on August 29th? No. I'm just saying, they had to clearly state RotR wasn't going to be open to cover their ass. If things fall into place and it's working reliably by the time the land is supposed to open, then sure, there's a chance they could open the ride. Just don't count on it.

Booked a room at Pop on the 28th but thinking about canceling it. Disney not offering extra Magic Hours for Hollywood Studios on the 29th. And I can’t book a FP for Smugglers Run. So what’s the point?

Reactions: Miketheboss
Booked a room at Pop on the 28th but thinking about canceling it. Disney not offering extra Magic Hours for Hollywood Studios on the 29th. And I can’t book a FP for Smugglers Run. So what’s the point?
Yeah, with no FP for the ride, there's really no reason to stay on-site. I'd recommend to you that you stay at one of the hotels at Flamingo Crossing. They're cheaper and nicer than something like Pop!, have continental breakfast, and are only a 5 minute drive/Uber from DHS and DAK.

Reactions: Muggle148
The system works fine in MK. It sucks everywhere else because there isn't enough attractions. The system would work if the parks were built out more. The real problem is the parks don't have enough attractions in the system to choose from that allow for it to work as intended.

I do not agree with it working in MK. The problem is not the number of attractions, it’s the number of fastpasses. They overload the system, which makes standbys lines untenable for big attractions

I do not agree with it working in MK. The problem is not the number of attractions, it’s the number of fastpasses. They overload the system, which makes standbys lines untenable for big attractions

I don’t think it works in MK either. Fast pass should be way more limited then it currently is. Plus, most folks still just FP the Mountain attractions or PotC/Hm/PP/JC.

I don’t think it works in MK either. Fast pass should be way more limited then it currently is. Plus, most folks still just FP the Mountain attractions or PotC/Hm/PP/JC.
Maybe this is the difference of visiting the park as an out of state visitor (as in your case) and as a local (mine). I find it pretty easy to get a FP when i'm at MK for pretty much any ride I want whenever i'm there.

Reactions: JungleSkip
Damn, I was thinking about traveling to Orlando between 15-30 September cause almost everybody said that i’ts a great time for small lines and there’s HHN etc.

I’m happy for the opening early date but at the same time I’m concerned about the crowds (even on the other parks). Should I follow my plans or change the dates?

Damn, I was thinking about traveling to Orlando between 15-30 September cause almost everybody said that i’ts a great time for small lines and there’s HHN etc.

I’m happy for the opening early date but at the same time I’m concerned about the crowds (even on the other parks). Should I follow my plans or change the dates?

Unless you change the dates to 2023...

Reactions: Felipe Cavallari

It’s still going to be September. DHS may end up being crazy, but the rest of the parks won’t be too bad

It’s still going to be September. DHS may end up being crazy, but the rest of the parks won’t be too bad

Yea, I’m hoping so. I’m not a big fan of SW so I was just expecting september to be like this past november when I didn’t spent more than 10 minutes in any Universal/IOA rides.

And spent only 1h30min in Flight of Passage.

Anyway, I’m still excited about Galaxy’s Edge too so at least, will be a bonus for the trip.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Yea, I’m hoping so. I’m not a big fan of SW so I was just expecting september to be like this past november when I didn’t spent more than 10 minutes in any Universal/IOA rides.

And spent only 1h30min in Flight of Passage.

Anyway, I’m still excited about Galaxy’s Edge too so at least, will be a bonus for the trip.
Welcome to the IU Forums. :thumbsup:

Maybe this is the difference of visiting the park as an out of state visitor (as in your case) and as a local (mine). I find it pretty easy to get a FP when i'm at MK for pretty much any ride I want whenever i'm there.

Lol...Im not out of state, and my point is all the fast passes cause the lines to be longer for everyone else. You can only book 3 FP at a time, and typically most of the rides are out of FP by early morning. Sure you can likely get what you want in MK the day of, but you are also then waiting over 60 mins for Jungle Cruise.

Reactions: HPFred
Lol...Im not out of state, and my point is all the fast passes cause the lines to be longer for everyone else. You can only book 3 FP at a time, and typically most of the rides are out of FP by early morning. Sure you can likely get what you want in MK the day of, but you are also then waiting over 60 mins for Jungle Cruise.
I live 5 minutes behind MK. I pretty much walk into MK and pick FPs. I don't wait in line for anything unless it's the peoplemover. I don't deny FP makes stand-by longer, but that's been the case since 1999.

My point is, the system works GREAT for the way I personally visit MK. It is very poor for all other parks.

I live 5 minutes behind MK. I pretty much walk into MK and pick FPs. I don't wait in line for anything unless it's the peoplemover. I don't deny FP makes stand-by longer, but that's been the case since 1999.

My point is, the system works GREAT for the way I personally visit MK. It is very poor for all other parks.

That’s fine, but 99% of people that visit MK can’t “walk” there. It may work for you, but you are an extreme minority.

That’s fine, but 99% of people that visit MK can’t “walk” there. It may work for you, but you are an extreme minority.
I understand that. I've said the entire time this is just how I feel based on my experiences. It still sucks at all the other parks.

Heading to Orlando in mid August. Is it worth it to schedule a day at Hollywood Studios in hopes there’s soft openings? Or not worth the gamble? I still haven’t been to Toy Story Land but would rather wait and do them both in the same trip. Otherwise it’s 2020 at the earliest

Heading to Orlando in mid August. Is it worth it to schedule a day at Hollywood Studios in hopes there’s soft openings? Or not worth the gamble? I still haven’t been to Toy Story Land but would rather wait and do them both in the same trip. Otherwise it’s 2020 at the earliest
they are pushing the opening so hard I would expect no softs.

Reactions: Alicia