Universal's Camera Equipment Policy | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Camera Equipment Policy

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mar 29, 2018
So, I'm thinking about doing general reports from the park and I'm wondering what the park's real camera policy is in terms of what kind of equipment you can bring into the park. Their website is a little vague, so maybe someone here will know more...

I have a small pro-sumer cinema camera that has quite a bit of gear including a 7 inch monitor, small external battery, and camera cage. It is handheld and rather compact, but it can be a little scary looking in comparison to the average DSLR. I don't intend on being in anyone's way, and figure it's a lot less disruptive than a selfie stick. I can strip the camera down, but I'd prefer not to as the camera has no built-in image stabilization, which the camera cage and handles provide.

Any info is appreciated, and I can provide a picture of what I intend on bringing in if it helps.
Thanks in advance!

Thanks. I can ditch the monitor and it looks a lot more like a DSLR, but sounds like the rails and cage may be a no-go. Time to get crafty!

Reactions: Disneyhead
also they do allow selfie sticks but only BC they don't allow filming on any attraction.
My mindframe was that my small camera is a lot less disruptive to the general park environment than selfie sticks. Even fully rigged out it's still smaller than a lot of what I see brought in in terms of a regular DSLR. But I can understand why they wouldn't want anything remotely professional-looking in the park. Just wish they had a clearly laid out policy in writing.

From my experience, it seems like it's pretty dependent on the day and the TMs you walk past. I've brought a full sized tripod, small bendy tripod and 2 or 3 reasonably large lenses along with my DSLR into the park before. Now those probably aren't as professional looking as your setup but you could definitely make a case that they're pro equipment. And I didn't have them give me any hassle about it. But yep, I agree that I wish they were a lot more clear about what constitutes pro equipment