Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 401 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not trying to be a Debbie downer but I like seeing all these comments about people growing tired of the motion simulators and screen based attractions with 3d glasses.

I was widely criticized for jumping off Universals bandwagon when I began to complain about screen based attractions roughly 4 years ago. So it’s nice to see some people who approve things come to their senses.

So in the end maybe we owe this dumpster fire a thank you for ending the 3d phase of Universals life.

I said this a few pages back. This is the silver lining in all this. Just as Universal is about to start building a new park, this was the wake up call they needed that this kind of attraction won't be tolerated. Add in what I'm sure will be an overwhelming positive response to Hagrid's coaster and it's practical effects, then hopefully this should set Universal Creative on a positive direction.

id still welcome a fast and furious stunt show and it wouldn't take more then a year to build.

I'd welcome that over what we got but Lights Motor Action was a boring show as a comparison.

I feel it's here to stay for a long time now, unfortunately. If they were to make a 'Test Track' version of the ride they'd have to sell it as a new experience and after the let-down first time around, I'm unsure how many people would make the effort to visit for it all over again.

Lol I think some of you guys are giving this ride way too much attention.

Yup, ignoring it is the best way forward imho.

No such thing as too much attention to what will unanimously be known as the worst ride in Universal history, as well as the definite current worst ride in Orlando. It needs a blinding spotlight put on it so that the powers that be don't make this kind of mistake again.

:rolleyes:

This is pretty high and mighty about IU’s and the fan community’s actual impact on the resort. Ignoring their huge new attraction is the best way forward to get the point across.

Yup, ignoring it is the best way forward imho.

:rolleyes:

This is pretty high and mighty about IU’s and the fan community’s actual impact on the resort. Ignoring their huge new attraction is the best way forward to get the point across.
I disagree. Ignoring it works in the long run, but not as effective as a mob with torches and pitchforks. Not trying to overstate the IU opinions/fanbase impact at all, as general guests have a similar opinion on the ride as most of the people on the forum(which I'm positive isn't even close to a blip on Uni's radar.)

I had an opportunity to do a VIP tour with my work a few weeks ago, and the VIP guide straight up said the park understands how bad the ride is. She said, "I'm not going to make ANYONE ride if they don't want to. Even if you haven't ridden before." So there is an argument to be made for ignoring the ride, as the park understands their misstep. I'm just hoping if everyone is loud enough, Universal might make a change sooner rather than later.

I disagree. Ignoring it works in the long run, but not as effective as a mob with torches and pitchforks. Not trying to overstate the IU opinions/fanbase impact at all, as general guests have a similar opinion on the ride as most of the people on the forum(which I'm positive isn't even close to a blip on Uni's radar.)

I had an opportunity to do a VIP tour with my work a few weeks ago, and the VIP guide straight up said the park understands how bad the ride is. She said, "I'm not going to make ANYONE ride if they don't want to. Even if you haven't ridden before." So there is an argument to be made for ignoring the ride, as the park understands their misstep. I'm just hoping if everyone is loud enough, Universal might make a change sooner rather than later.

The VIP guide said that? Wow..

Half of our group went on because they hadn't ridden it, and the other half went for drinks at Alcatraz. I should state that the only reason she was that candid about it was because we work in the industry. I'm sure if she was doing an actual VIP tour with regular park guests her spiel would have been different.

Did the members that went, want a drink afterwards? Lol.