Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 527 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you're right, especially after hearing for months that the track closest to the queue will be "the only track guests will see when they enter the ride". To me it looks like they'll get an overlook at 75% of the ride before they make 3 steps into the queue.
Some 8 foot cypress will cover any view past the path, look what they did for the HE entrance. You can't get a good look now.

Are we expecting the outdoor queue to extend round the back of the main load building where that water tower like thing is? I seen Bios aerials that a lot of the ground has been cleared and there seems to be scaffolding along the side that wouldn't be visible unless there would be access round the back. Although I have no idea how they would do this whilst hiding that huge maintenance building.

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
Are we expecting the outdoor queue to extend round the back of the main load building where that water tower like thing is? I seen Bios aerials that a lot of the ground has been cleared and there seems to be scaffolding along the side that wouldn't be visible unless there would be access round the back. Although I have no idea how they would do this whilst hiding that huge maintenance building.
The area where the metal detectors were for Dragon Challenge is being expanded slightly to add more exterior queue, which is in that area yes.

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
To those worried about the wide service road, UC is giving the best sight lines possible with the safety constraints given. I have no reason to believe that this road will be any sort of eyesore when first walking through the entrance, especially once they presumably add the stains to make it look more like dirt. I'm far more concerned with the back sound barrier wall lol.

To those worried about the wide service road, UC is giving the best sight lines possible with the safety constraints given. I have no reason to believe that this road will be any sort of eyesore when first walking through the entrance, especially once they presumably add the stains to make it look more like dirt. I'm far more concerned with the back sound barrier wall lol.

Didn’t mention anything about the path itself. They’ve left no room between the clearance envelope of the ride and that path to plant additional trees/shrubs to mask portions of the ride from guest view. 75% of the ride is revealed in the opening moments of the queue as well as in the opening moments of the ride as you glide towards the hut. There’s plenty more planting to do on the back end of the ride to mask the sound barrier. That’s about the least of the concern at this point lol.

Does anybody have a explanation as to why the evacuation path from the hut to the station is as large as it is? Is it possible that this is an extended queue area? Furthermore, wouldn't it make sense that this portion of the ride is heavily treed to mask the other surprises on the ride? You'll be able to get a birds eye view of the entire layout from the very moment you enter the queue. What am I missing here?

D1QA3AZXgAER-1t.jpg:large
What am I missing? It looks covered already. Look how tiny those people are and the coaster is blocked by a row of trees and that wall.

Didn’t mention anything about the path itself. They’ve left no room between the clearance envelope of the ride and that path to plant additional trees/shrubs to mask portions of the ride from guest view. 75% of the ride is revealed in the opening moments of the queue as well as in the opening moments of the ride as you glide towards the hut. There’s plenty more planting to do on the back end of the ride to mask the sound barrier. That’s about the least of the concern at this point lol.

I'm a bit confused. To see most of the track is actually the intention, both for kinetic interest and to showcase exactly how intense it'll be. That's why it was all painted with an umber base, so that the vehicles would stand out most. I don't think it was ever truly planned to be mostly hidden, save for the ride scenes in which there is a figure of interest, which are all hidden. And as stated, the understory has yet to be planted in a lot of areas which will mask off even more of those scenes.

The barrier, however, is much taller than the planned berm towards the back will be able to hide. Thankfully, it seems primed for some sort of mural, obviously far less intricate than the one coming to the drop track show building.

Status
Not open for further replies.