Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 116 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I still laugh when I think back to our HHN25 Behind the Screams Tour where our guide was explaining The Nightingales showing up during times of great suffering throughout history, and a few people from the group thought that it was based on fact.

So they AREN’T hypothetically limited to wars? Because that would make a sequel much easier, if plagues were an option as well—practically tailor-made for a crossover zone with Catacombs in that case.

So they AREN’T hypothetically limited to wars? Because that would make a sequel much easier, if plagues were an option as well—practically tailor-made for a crossover zone with Catacombs in that case.

I think they feed on the pain and suffering of humans, and are drawn more specifically to wars and disaster areas. The disaster areas opens up a pretty wide definition though.

I think they feed on the pain and suffering of humans, and are drawn more specifically to wars and disaster areas. The disaster areas opens up a pretty wide definition though.

Some (myself included) have floated the idea of Chernobyl. Unsure if that would be considered “offensive.”

Just based off HoTY honors, if we see sequels to any of the originals from 21, I’m guessing it’s most likely to be In-Between.

I really hope there is an announcement this week. I am not getting my hopes up however. I just want the ST2 reveal out of the way already. Don't get me wrong I wanna see the ST2 house, but we already know it's coming. I wanna get to the stuff we don't know are confirmed, so they can be...confirmed.

Yes, exactly, the Crate Monster would be the best part. Every time I think of a Creepshow house, the Crate Monster pops in my head first thing.

Reactions: Dr. Herbert West
Just since it's been brought up so many times in this thread, I thought I'd mention that they've set an official closing date for The Mouse's acquisition of Fox. Looks like everything will be final on 3/20 at 12:01 am.

rxWFSUa.gif

They can announce it in their time.

It was only a few years ago they wouldn't announce anything until August.

It was only four when they waited til June. It’s only been 26-onwards that they’ve announced in April. I fully expect the same week as last year...then again, I’ve noticed that they’ve waited longer to announce things on odd years.

Conversely, this decade at least, the odd years have been better received overall than even.
21 was better received than 20.
23 was better received than 22.
25 was better received than 24.
27 was better received than 26.
Will 29 be better received than 28? Will probably be hard to tell just because 28 was so divisive.

Last edited:
Reactions: truejonas
I think 26 has really grown on me as time goes on. I think the scare zones were weak, except for Vamp 55 obviously, but the best houses that year were very strong.

Reactions: shiekra38