Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Planning

Dec 14, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
All:

I am planning a trip to Disneyland in September and wanted to ask a question. What non-Disney hotel would you recommend? While tempting to stay in a Disney hotel (particularly the Grand Californian), I cannot really justify the expense. However, reading hotel reviews online has not helped all that much. So, I thought that I would ask the knowledgeable people here instead.

All:

I am planning a trip to Disneyland in September and wanted to ask a question. What non-Disney hotel would you recommend? While tempting to stay in a Disney hotel (particularly the Grand Californian), I cannot really justify the expense. However, reading hotel reviews online has not helped all that much. So, I thought that I would ask the knowledgeable people here instead.

Tom Bricker has a great list on his site.

Disneyland Area Hotel Reviews & Rankings - Disney Tourist Blog

I've stayed at Best Western Plus, Desert Inn and Suites, the Howard Johnson and the hilton next to the convention center. All were pretty good. I prefer the Best Western because the rooms were nice and it was right across the street. Howard Johnson was good, but further walk. Desert Inn is super close but rooms are dated. Hilton is further away, but it uses anaheim resort area shuttle (ART) that's actually very reliable. Also the rooms are Hilton quality.

I've always stayed at Hotel Indigo and I can't fault it at all.

Location is great (Less than 10min walk to the park and next to the Anaheim Gardenwalk.)

It's easy to get to with the I5 right next to it plus free parking.

Rooms are spacious and modern.

When are you going in September?

I stayed at the Anaheim Hotel and I would recommend it.

Rooms are very basic, but it’s cheap, the grounds are nice, and it’s ridiculously close to the parks. Ridiculously close. Like, 3 blocks close. For the price, I don’t think you could beat it.

I've always stayed at Hotel Indigo and I can't fault it at all.

Location is great (Less than 10min walk to the park and next to the Anaheim Gardenwalk.)

It's easy to get to with the I5 right next to it plus free parking.

Rooms are spacious and modern.

When are you going in September?

I'm thinking the second week of September. Looking at TouringPlans, they show to be about the slowest time all year.

Eden Roc, my families hidden gem. Renovated a few years back so stylish and roomy rooms. More motel style with little at all amenities but let’s face it if your planning a trip to the Disneyland Resort and the hotel amenities are a priority you’ve already failed lol. But the real win is it’s location kitty corner to the Paradise Pier Hotel so is a 10 minute walk to the resort entrance and you enter through the Downtown Disney side which helps me and the family build excitement and get the best Starbucks we’ve been to. So price, location, and quiet to boot.

Air Bnb has some nice options. I see some places with parking and private baths for under $100 pretty close to the parks.