Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't discount what may be inside the drop building...

Like I've been saying, only the back half of this ride is actually IN the forest, and that's the backest part of the ride.

Plus, the twisted tree trunks as we enter the structure should be a great transition from real trees to large tree trunks.

It would be great if that show building can help get that across.

Someone posted earlier that the height requirement will be 48". Is that confirmed somewhere? I haven't seen that reported anywhere as of yet.

That was the assumption since the ride vehicles were spotted (similar to wave breaker which is intamin and 48” also). I thought there may be a chance the side car was a hair less (44?) but that clearly isn’t happening, likely for the better.

6B4A22A7-4DEF-43A6-97CD-234FCEFCCEF5.jpeg

Have you all already seen / received the UOR email containing the few seconds trailer teaser. is embedded in the email so I can only post screenshots!

Brave the mysteries living beyond the grounds of Hogwarts™ castle on Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure™.
With Hagrid™ as your guide, fly far into the Forbidden Forest—hurling past impossible obstacles and dodging fierce beasts you’ve never seen before. Opens June 13, 2019 in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ – Hogsmeade™.

Something just feels a bit off with this ride, like someone is playing all the right notes but in the wrong order (Obviously will wait to see how it rides before making up my mind)

The Abbey etc is beautiful but doesn't feel like it fits into the Wizarding World. Maybe as someone said it would have been better in a show building with massive trees dissapearing into the darkness above, I know the plants will grow in but it feels way too open.

and.. where are the spiders?

Something just feels a bit off with this ride, like someone is playing all the right notes but in the wrong order (Obviously will wait to see how it rides before making up my mind)

The Abbey etc is beutiful but doesn't feel like it fits into the Wizarding World. Maybe as someone said it would have been better in a show building with massive trees dissapearing into the darkness above, I know the plants will grow in but it feels way too open.
It might just be the aerial view. When you're going 50mph on the ground, you don't have nearly as much of a vantage point.

That was the assumption since the ride vehicles were spotted (similar to wave breaker which is intamin and 48” also). I thought there may be a chance the side car was a hair less (44?) but that clearly isn’t happening, likely for the better.
I mean, I wouldn't necessarily say for the better. 44" would've opened up the ride to more people to ride, which makes for longer wait times, sure, but the problem Universal faces right now is not enough attractions younger children can ride. I get really small children aren't ready for this. I'm not arguing that. But at 5-6 you're typically ready for these types of thrills, but the average height of even a 6 year old is only 44"-47". It's not until children are 7-8 years old where the average child hits 48".

This causes a problem within WWoHP as all 3 main attractions (FJ, Gringotts and Hagrid) will now be 48", Hippogriff is 36" and HE is all ages, but it's more or less a form of transportation. Now 48" is better than the 54" that Dragon Challenge was and it's a much more fitting experience to the land. I just know that Many parents come to UOR from a Disney vacation because their older kids want to come, but there's not enough to satisfy the littler ones. This isn't just some made up stuff either, this is stuff I hear about a decent amount.

Now I get Universal and Disney aren't necessarily targeting the same audiences, but with Universal trying to bite into those that go to WDW, they are getting more and more families staying on-site which in turn means they also need to build more rides that aren't motion simulators/3D rides and have limited or no height requirements. The older crowd can have their thrills, but while they get the thrills there also has to be a little something for everyone else who either won't/can't ride such an attraction or isn't tall enough. I know @Andy has talked about how hard it is as a parent of a young child to go to Universal.

EDIT: This sort of spun out into a general resort post by accident. I'm extremely excited for the ride, just making note of something with the height requirements in the WWoHP for the main attractions.

Last edited:
Maybe they made the decision based on the new park. Possibly keeping IOA as the “thrill” park and knowing the new park is going to have a much better family audience angle.

Interesting items I see from that picture about the footers. Maybe this was already mentioned.

But there looks to me another track like ready footer family just above the retaining wall on the turn at the bottom..?
View attachment 9104

I was told they're attacking the Anglia.

Looks like the first encounter with the Anglia may not yet be dead. Yay!

Someone posted earlier that the height requirement will be 48". Is that confirmed somewhere? I haven't seen that reported anywhere as of yet.

If you're looking for an official source, it is in the Press Release from Universal: Press Releases Archive for Universal Orlando Resort™

and.. where are the spiders?
Taking up like a fourth of the Forbidden Journey ride already.

Also, they've pulled the 30-second ad spot twice now... Does anyone have a guess as to why? And has anyone else uploaded it today so I can watch it again? Thanks.

EDIT: Here's the video from some random person that re-uploaded it earlier. Hope Universal puts it back soon.

Last edited:
My post of the UOR YouTube video and my post within the last hour of the concept art from that UOR video have been removed from this thread?

so every kid is different, but Potter in general skews towards slightly older kids, as in, not toddlers. My daughter who is 9, is still afraid to watch the movies, although she is in the minority, as all her friends love it. While I understand that UOR needs more "family friendly" rides, Potter isn't really the franchise to do it. Throw in the fact that a lot of folks are "scared" of fast rides...and you realize this was never going to appeal to "ALL Families".

Personally I'm excited that this is somewhat thrilling based on what they replaced.

Now if Mario Kart opens with a 48 inch height requirement, I'd say that's a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.