Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 540 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is that you had a guy giving you an explanation as to why OTHER PEOPLE might ask why there aren’t any spiders and you jumped down HIS throat for providing an answer. I think people are excited for the ride but here we go again with the “you can’t dissent from the group think opinions of UO” attitude.

You’re an overly sensitive fan if you think that questions/comments about theme or folliage is nitpicking or treating UO like a whore.

It’s a beautiful new attraction that’s going to be special to Orlando, unlike anything done before and a welcomed addition to an already world class line up of rides. I guess I’ll just go somewhere else if my participation is unwelcome here.

K pal

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Damn this ride/forbidden forest would look SO MUCH BETTER in California.

The Florida soil is not conducive to big, impressive towering pine trees like out West. Nothing looks "forbidden" about those trees.

1*rQ73ALJrun-RwfRClx1qow.jpeg

Most trees in Florida look wimpy & swampy.

Check out a forest in SoCal and notice the difference.

Satellite_379841599.jpg

Now compare it to the Forbidden Forest in Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix.
latest

Alas, USH will never get this attraction due to space limitations, but I have no doubt the Forbidden Forest would be a lot more impressive!

Reactions: alias8703

The Florida soil is not conducive to big, impressive towering pine trees like out West. Nothing looks "forbidden" about those trees.

Satellite_379841599.jpg

Now compare it to the Forbidden Forest in Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix.
latest

Alas, USH will never get this attraction due to space limitations, but I have no doubt the Forbidden Forest would be a lot more impressive!

The foliage around Everest looked weak, too when it first opened. It’s still an ongoing construction site, but it also needs a year for the roots to grow in.

Then, judge away.

Satellite_379841599.jpg

latest

Going to be honest; I don't agree at all.

Orlando has had issues where it looked weaker at the first moments for projects; but have grown very well.

Patience, is as I said: a being's greatest strength.

It’s literally a construction site that was a dirt pile less than a year ago. You can’t compare the redwood (explicit) forest to a theme park attraction.

If you notice...there are no roller coasters at any of the national Parks. I mean..come on man. I realize you want to be immersed, but some sense of reality is still necessary. I’m sure in a few years this “forest” will look even more “alive”

Also ...if they did do this ride “indoors” the entire ride would be nothing but “fake” trees and probably screens. Let’s not forget how Navi River adventure turned out.

I think that the spike while it looks thrilling is a missed opportunity for a fantastic show scene (yes probably involving spiders). A lesser incline in an enclosed cave with Aragog and his children chasing you backwards out of the cave. Oh well......

You lost me at the spiders (of all things...) but there's a large and impressive scene in the show building.

Reactions: Alicia
I can’t believe these fake Disney mountains...I mean they aren’t even close to the actual mountain ranges. I mean Everest is way bigger then that.

They should have built Everest in Colorado where we have real mountains.

Sorry I went on a rant, but the argument of actual Nature that’s been around for 1000s of years vs a theme park attraction built in a year is beyond ridiculous. Universal Hollywood is a concrete studio. Do you really think the trees would be any better? Like really? You aren’t even in the right region. Florida has plenty of forests. Ocala national forest is only an hour drive away. Grrrr

Last edited:
K Pal. Isn't that a Korean boy band? :grin:
Korean Boy Band show to take over T2?

Satellite_379841599.jpg

latest

I realize you love Cali- hence your user name. But 1200+ Live trees that will only grow and get bigger are going to make this ride absolutely bonkers.

It could be on the moon, and within two years time for growth with the Orlando rain and sun you’ll think you’re in the middle of a forest in England.

Note: FF isn’t in California. Nor was it filmed in California. Putting it in California, based on your post, would be just as ludicrous as Florida; as it is based on forests in England, has always been England, and was filmed in England.

I don’t think that is “Hagrid’s Hut”, FWIW, at least according to Alicia.

And the spiders are already in the Forbidden Forest in FJ. I just don’t see how another encounter with them again in the Forest wouldn’t feel redundant

I remember spiders crawling into Hogwarts as well as living in the FF in the movies.......but hey, by all means keep all the barely visible for a split second spiders in FJ.

They’re already a part of the Forest scene in another ride. Like, I do not understand this line of thinking

Do you understand the line of thinking in having yet another ride set in the FF?:eek:O:

Last edited by a moderator:
And they are giving us all the other creatures associated with the forest. Centaurs, Unicorn, and newly released Fluffy. Why place overdone spiders there too? The forest is a portion of this ride so they are not needed.

I only remember seeing Fluffy in the castle.....placing him (them?) under a rock outcrop in the forest seems forced and out of place. Would have been better in FJ.:thumbsup:

The funny thing is I was never expecting spiders on this ride yet some are outraged by them not being present. Shows how wildly different we can all see this ride turning out to be.

Expectations, expectations... :lol:

I'm not "outraged". But after the hodge lodge of movie "best ofd".....it would have been nice for them to try and stay true to movies. I'll still love it but Universal is the one that created the high expectations for Potter attractions.:thumbsup:

I mean, I wouldn't necessarily say for the better. 44" would've opened up the ride to more people to ride, which makes for longer wait times, sure, but the problem Universal faces right now is not enough attractions younger children can ride. I get really small children aren't ready for this. I'm not arguing that. But at 5-6 you're typically ready for these types of thrills, but the average height of even a 6 year old is only 44"-47". It's not until children are 7-8 years old where the average child hits 48".

This causes a problem within WWoHP as all 3 main attractions (FJ, Gringotts and Hagrid) will now be 48", Hippogriff is 36" and HE is all ages, but it's more or less a form of transportation. Now 48" is better than the 54" that Dragon Challenge was and it's a much more fitting experience to the land. I just know that Many parents come to UOR from a Disney vacation because their older kids want to come, but there's not enough to satisfy the littler ones. This isn't just some made up stuff either, this is stuff I hear about a decent amount.

Now I get Universal and Disney aren't necessarily targeting the same audiences, but with Universal trying to bite into those that go to WDW, they are getting more and more families staying on-site which in turn means they also need to build more rides that aren't motion simulators/3D rides and have limited or no height requirements. The older crowd can have their thrills, but while they get the thrills there also has to be a little something for everyone else who either won't/can't ride such an attraction or isn't tall enough. I know @Andy has talked about how hard it is as a parent of a young child to go to Universal.

EDIT: This sort of spun out into a general resort post by accident. I'm extremely excited for the ride, just making note of something with the height requirements in the WWoHP for the main attractions.

I do wish UNiversal catered to younger kids. It was awkward with my nephews who were too young. I have given up on IOA catering to the young. I have to agree they are devoting this park to the older kids. I really hope they remedy this problem in the new park.

I think that the spike while it looks thrilling is a missed opportunity for a fantastic show scene (yes probably involving spiders). A lesser incline in an enclosed cave with Aragog and his children chasing you backwards out of the cave. Oh well......

why would we ride into a cave where we would have to turn around or risk hitting a wall. lol I love the idea of the bike losing power as we progress into the air!

They’re already a part of the Forest scene in another ride. Like, I do not understand this line of thinking

Couldn't agree more. Dude the spiders have been used too much.. move on to something different!!

I'

According to one of the key insiders,in private discussions, the original enclosed concept cave for the spike did indeed have spiders. Since the full enclosure was shelved earlier, the spiders may have gone the way of the enclosure.
So glad they got rid of that idea. It would have been unnecessary.

Universal isn’t really for little children.
Something they maybe should fix in the new park.

I am so happy there will be a centaur. Perhaps one aiming an arrow at us which would feel dangerous.

This is what I was hoping for the most. I wanted a centaur as badly as Alicia wanted at Unicorn. I'm so happy right now. It is ridiculous how happy I am right now. That arrow better be pointing right between the eyes!!!

She’s also not your whore, your rag doll, etc. It’s like your S.O pays the bills, cleans the house, makes dinner, puts the kids to bed, but you yell at them because they forgot to wash the socks...

The constant nitpicking is getting tiresome. It sucks to talk to people who don’t post anymore because of crap like this.

Dude, seems like someone touched a nerve. I feel bad for those that are not posting anymore, yet I typically hate social media by how extreme it can be but love this site for how welcoming it is to different opinions. Its a pity the nitpicking is annoying, but i feel nitpicking always gives me a different peep hole to see things through. If everyone just agreed this coaster was 100% awesome, not 90 or 95% awesome, I would be bored.

It was said a ton of times not to expect anything that’s been done before. Also don’t understand the want for them either. They play a prominent role in the ride less than 100 yards away. Why would you want them again?

To stay true to the scenes in the movies? You know the movies that millions of people have seen over and over again.

Some of you seem personally hurt by this spider thing.....I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.