Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 541 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm I need to clarify some things...

You can’t compare the redwood (explicit) forest to a theme park attraction.

The picture I showed wasn't of a redwood forest. That's Northern CA. It's from a forest in SoCal.

If you notice...there are no roller coasters at any of the national Parks.

Wrong again. It's not a national park. Just a regular forest. Oh and technically there are alpine coasters in forests which are fun as hell!

Florida has plenty of forests. Ocala national forest is only an hour drive away. Grrrr

When did I say Florida didn't have any forests?

Do you really think the trees would be any better? Like really?

For this type of attraction, yes. We have a different biome where pine trees dwell. Florida has tropical greenery.

They should have built Everest in Colorado where we have real mountains.

I never made that argument.

Note: FF isn’t in California. Nor was it filmed in California. Putting it in California, based on your post, would be just as ludicrous as Florida; as it is based on forests in England, has always been England, and was filmed in England.

When did I say it was filmed in California? All I said was our biome was more conducive to the type of forest depicted in the films.

Not sure why you guys got your panties all up in a bunch for such a harmless comment. Relax.

Reactions: Andysol
I'm not "outraged". But after the hodge lodge of movie "best ofd".....it would have been nice for them to try and stay true to movies. I'll still love it but Universal is the one that created the high expectations for Potter attractions.:thumbsup:
I wasn’t singling you out - or anyone for that matter.

I’m just saying, even with as much Potter as there is in the parks, there’s so many iconic parts within the canon and the movies that they should prioritize getting as much of it represented as possible within the space they have.

You lost me at the spiders (of all things...) but there's a large and impressive scene in the show building.

It's not "impressive"....it's cheesy. It would have been nice to recreate the REAL spider scene from the movie which takes place in the FF. Spiders......pfft.

Except it’s known that Hagrid released Fluffy into the forest so that would make no sense.

Ahhh yes....it would make no sense to have Fluffy in FJ when he was seen in Hogwarts in the movies.

Yikes.

I wasn’t singling you out - or anyone for that matter.

I’m just saying, even with as much Potter as there is in the parks, there’s so many iconic parts within the canon and the movies that they should prioritize getting as much of it represented as possible within the space they have.

I think getting the best characters and scenes represented trumps getting every scene, character and creature represented.

By the way....I'm Po'd that they never did an AA Dobby!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh yes....it would make no sense to have Fluffy in FJ when he was seen in Hogwarts in the movies.

Yikes.
The movies changed a lot from the books. Although those who have only seen the movies or those who never been exposed to harry potter can't enjoy the lands for the interactive experience they provide, I can't help but mention, especially with J.K Rowling approving the land, it is more enjoyable for the harry potter fans if the rides introduce aspects of the book more than the movies. This is why it is such a treat that blasted ended skrewts may end up on this ride, since they were not seen in the movie. Although I was a big proponent on Universal's old goal of riding the movies, IOA kind of left that behind.

I think getting the best characters and scenes represented trumps getting every scene, character and creature represented.

By the way....I'm Po'd that they never did an AA Dobby!
If this attraction didn’t look like it was of high quality, then I’d agree. However, it looks like it could rival to be one of the best rides in Orlando.

I agree about Dobby though. He would’ve made for a great AA.

Roughly how many of the 1,200 total trees do you think have already been planted? Just trying to wrap my head around how many more we can expect and what the finished project will look like.

Yea, I would love to see the most recent aerial shot of all the planted trees. Haven't had much luck though.

Central Florida is filled with natural pine trees and evergreens.

Interesting. Can you show me some pics?

Reactions: truejonas
Florida Pine Tree Varieties | Hunker

https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/pdffiles/FR/FR00300.pdf

Florida Native Pine Trees, Pinus

Travel more than five minutes from Universal, you’re surrounded by pine. Most of the WDW property is pine.

Thanx. I also found some pics online of FL native pines.

Longleaf Pine

Sandhill_Banner.jpg_banner.jpg

Slash Pine

elliottii1.jpg

These pine trees would make beautiful Christmas trees!

Status
Not open for further replies.