Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

Hard ticket "First/First" event on both coasts on 13 December. "Softs" start on the 14th. Movie premiers on the Friday, 20 December. Open the ride on 22 December.

It's open for the holidays, and every inch of marketing turns that entire weekend to something devoted entirely to Star Wars.

Park Ops would HAAAATE it, but that would print money.

I will burn Disneyland to the ground if they hold ROTR's opening until the week after I leave just for a promotion

I'm curious. After the previews and the date reveal, what else is there to announce?

I'm not sure what big things are left to announce (although I'm sure they'll have something), but these panels usually give audience members a chance to ask questions, so we'll probably get some answers to very specific questions members of the media hadn't thought to ask.

I'm curious. After the previews and the date reveal, what else is there to announce?

For one thing, they could give us actual ride lengths.

Besides that, it does mention "stories", so I think they may talk about the background of the land and give it a bit of depth... world building if you will. For example, why does Oga Garra run a Cantina? Why is the Millennium Falcon on Batuu? Also, we literally don't know what the Smuggler's Run ride experience will be like. We just think we do - we all have a different idea. How much control will we actually have, and what will our objective be? Basically what i'm describing is a ride synopsis, which we haven't gotten yet to get I don't think.

What about meet n’ greets for Galaxy Edge? I’m sure Launch Bay will be closing by this time next year. What kinda characters would you like to see in Galaxy Edge?

What about meet n’ greets for Galaxy Edge? I’m sure Launch Bay will be closing by this time next year. What kinda characters would you like to see in Galaxy Edge?

I would think there would have been a "meet and greet" building if they were going to have something similar to what Launch bay has. I believe they aren't really pushing that idea as it kind of messes with the overall theme of the planet. Kind of like you can't meet Harry or other characters in the Potter areas.

Launch Bay will likely stay open for this very reason.

WUT. What is it this time? There is literally nothing big to revealed anymore.
"Hey, remember when we said ROTS wasn't oppening with the land? HAHA We fixed that".
That's the only >>big<< reveal I can think.

I will burn Disneyland to the ground if they hold ROTR's opening until the week after I leave just for a promotion

Good to see you are not over reacting about it ;)

Joking aside, that would majorly suck, I just can't see it happening.

Benches. Intergalactic Benches.

I'm sure it's something more exciting than that... like intergalactic trash cans

Last edited by a moderator:

"Hey, remember when we said ROTS wasn't oppening with the land? HAHA We fixed that".

It was behind the s ended pics of where the MF cockpit connects to the hallway btw. Not posting it here probably taken by a CM I guess.

Well it wasn't an official Disney Twitter account anyway.

That robot reminds me of this scene from Scooby Doo (but I don't think Disney would make a CM stay inside a small iron box in Florida).
20190324_021339.jpg