Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The act of using a term actually trademarks it for you. The filing with the government is more of a formality, and streamlined way to prove a case without much trouble. If they had filed it early, we could've seen it and ruined the surprise (cough cough Fantastic Worlds cough).

I assume that doesn't just mean announcing it publicly. Everything in internal would count towards or if somebody here had guessed the correct name, they could file suit against it.

image0.jpg

Truth be told, I’m more excited for this than the ride vehicles. It’ll be interesting to see how they are going to handle the transition from Snowy Hogsmeade to the Mossy Ruins.

I assume that doesn't just mean announcing it publicly. Everything in internal would count towards or if somebody here had guessed the correct name, they could file suit against it.

Generally a term would need to be used in the market to stake a claim. Funny enough even going thru the formality of filing the paperwork doesn't guarantee you own it. These are just pieces of evidence to add up if it ever is disputed, or in cases of infringement. It needs to be established that the term represents the brand and other uses would hurt the brand. As Alicia pointed out the brand is already established, so it's just a formality to trademark the phrase.

Truth be told, I’m more excited for this than the ride vehicles. It’ll be interesting to see how they are going to handle the transition from Snowy Hogsmeade to the Mossy Ruins.
I’m with you on this but I was thinking what more can they with this besides repainting it or removing it all together. Isn’t the space kind of limited by that way ??

I believe Dragon Challenge's queue was always absent of snow and it seemed to jive just fine

Status
Not open for further replies.