Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

TRON Lightcycle Run

Part of the reason I believe they are taking so long to start construction is because of ride exclusivity with Shanghai. That is why it’s opening in 2021 not earlier so besides the infrastructure work that had to be done it probably going to be a slow build.

Part of the reason I believe they are taking so long to start construction is because of ride exclusivity with Shanghai. That is why it’s opening in 2021 not earlier so besides the infrastructure work that had to be done it probably going to be a slow build.

I keep hearing this exclusivity statement and is that an actual *thing* or just speculation?

I keep hearing this exclusivity statement and is that an actual *thing* or just speculation?
I think it’s true based on what some insiders say on WDWMagic forum but who knows. To be honest I think agreements are kind of silly to begin with.

I'm fairly certain Shanghai had a 5 year exclusivity period based on what I remember hearing even before the park opened and what's been talked about since.

Either way, it's looking to line up to be Play Pavilion, GotG in Early 2021 and Tron in Summer 2021. I'd be a bit surprised if we don't hear about the planned nighttime parade for the 50th at D23 Expo late this year.

This seems like it's bound to be one of, if not the worst choke points in all of WDW. There's no way to expand the walkway either unless they were to cut the speedway, but that's not happening, so the gift shop's gotta go. They can build a new one nearby, but right now, it's in the way of all the crowds that are gonna be headed to TRON. Big time.

Concept art (for whatever that's worth) shows it remaining.

Presumably there's also going to be a way to get to TRON from Fantasyland.
To get to TRON through Fantasyland, you'd have to go through Storybook Circus and along the back pathway. I'm not positive since the entrance to the ride isn't built yet, but to me, it seems like you'd be going way out of your way by taking the Storybook Circus route.

I envision down the line we'll see Disney making changes to this area because that walkway is just so narrow.

Someone has told me that he heard that Tron would probably open mid August in 2021. Does anyone know if that could be possible? Because it seems like an odd month to open it, espacially Because they said that it would be ready for the 50th if I’m not misstaken..

Someone has told me that he heard that Tron would probably open mid August in 2021. Does anyone know if that could be possible? Because it seems like an odd month to open it, espacially Because they said that it would be ready for the 50th if I’m not misstaken..
Tron has been said to be Summer 2021. Don’t plan your trip around it.

Last edited: