2nd USH Gate? | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

2nd USH Gate?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how there would be any way around at least scaling it back massively so they can repurpose a lot of the ground.
If the thought to Universal is the quickest cheapest solution you would be correct but I for one would hope that they would see the fault and backlash to this thinking and go different.

The entire Universal Studios Theme Park division evolved from the tour. Without it we would not have 5 theme parks worldwide(6 if we count Volcano Bay) and 2 new parks coming(possible???3rd).

There are those on here that will say you can use Kong and F&F as attractions at the second gate which I have even argued would be a massive mistake by Universal to ever consider. Imagine the marketing of “come see our new park with attractions that use to be included with your USH ticket but is now a separate park which costs more.” “What once was included now cost more.” Really?

Look I’m all for evolution and expansion but not at the cost of what made Universal what it is “Universal!!!” The Universal Studios Hollywood Tram Tour is arguably just as historic(if not more) as PotC, HM, or IASW at Disneyland but I would argue more important to the park than those as the park(Disneyland) created those but the tram tour created the park(Universal).

Either do it right or don’t do it. Otherwise what are they? “Disney”, lol just kidding quick shot but I love Disney too.

quickest cheapest solution is not a factor when they don't have space to expand without taking something away. IF they were to take away something as big as the studio tour they would no doubt be expanding studios enough like nintendo that they thought they could make up for the loss.

Also one factor I would consider is that tech is getting so good that the need for real sets is is going to decline into nothing fairly quickly. We have been doing incredible CGI since lord of the rings but have mostly used increases in computing power to cut costs and outsource. All of the practical sets of the studio tour are almost assuredly already unnecessary.

quickest cheapest solution is not a factor when they don't have space to expand without taking something away. IF they were to take away something as big as the studio tour they would no doubt be expanding studios enough like nintendo that they thought they could make up for the loss.

Also one factor I would consider is that tech is getting so good that the need for real sets is is going to decline into nothing fairly quickly. We have been doing incredible CGI since lord of the rings but have mostly used increases in computing power to cut costs and outsource. All of the practical sets of the studio tour are almost assuredly already unnecessary.

Wait, are you arguing for more SCREENZ? I'm pretty sure Universal has learned from all the backlash.

Back on topic lol.

So regardless of whether we end up with a 2nd park, or a bigger expansion taking over new (previously unavailable) parts of the studio. What new lands would you want to see?

Here are my picks

1. Universal Classic Monsters
2. Diagon (or new Potter/FB experience)
3. Super Nintendo World 2.0 with Pokemon and Zelda
4. Something like Lost Continent at IOA so we can finally get Mythos
5. How To Train Your Dragon or DreamWorks Land?
6. Something futuristic like Sci-Fi City in Singapore to take advantage of Legendary's and WB's IPs like Pacific Rim, Ready Player One, Star Trek, Voltron from Dreamworks Animation, the upcoming Gundam movie. I want giant robots.

Last edited:
Reactions: chris.g
My picks also;

1: Universal Monsters (a version of what's coming to UFW)
2: Super Nintendo World - Pokemon City (Potentially collaborate with Legendary depending on Detective Pikachu's success)
3: a unique take on the Wizarding World/Fantastic Beasts, using a 1940's Los Angeles as a backdrop (new land, close collaboration with Joe)
4: DreamWorks (3 Mini-Lands, Shrek; Dragons; and Trolls)
5: Sci-Fi/Futuristic land, with Voltron; Gundam & Godzilla all incorporated into it

My picks also;
4: DreamWorks (3 Mini-Lands, Shrek; Dragons; and Trolls)

I usually agree with just about everything you say... but it's a no from me on Trolls ;)

I'm also with the super unrealistic but here goes:

1: Nintendo DK expansion if not in phase 1. I guess Pokemon too but can't see it being anything other than an It's a Small World ripoff
2: Monsters - version of the Universal Monsters UFW land and find someway of putting in a Godzilla ride
3: Fantastic Beasts - Paris and/or NYC MOM
4: DreamWorks - Dragons & Shrek lands
5: Middle Earth - most unlikely but I'd love some kind of LOTR version of Splash Mountain or Grizzly Peak

I usually agree with just about everything you say... but it's a no from me on Trolls ;)

I'm also with the super unrealistic but here goes:

1: Nintendo DK expansion if not in phase 1. I guess Pokemon too but can't see it being anything other than an It's a Small World ripoff
2: Monsters - version of the Universal Monsters UFW land and find someway of putting in a Godzilla ride
3: Fantastic Beasts - Paris and/or NYC MOM
4: DreamWorks - Dragons & Shrek lands
5: Middle Earth - most unlikely but I'd love some kind of LOTR version of Splash Mountain or Grizzly Peak

I'd agree on Trolls from a particular way..but they make a crap-ton of money.

Completely forgot about Middle Earth.

To be completely honest, I am not a fan of IP-based lands. This second park should be split up into film Genres. Like Animation Studio Land, Mount Horror, Sci-Fi City, Exploration Island, Golden Age of Hollywood, ect. That would allow them to squeeze even more IPs into the park.

Last edited:
I get the feeling, following Fantastic Worlds; that IP will set the course for the park.

That doesn't mean the park may have an original theme/style to differentiate it, because it seems like UFW might try something like that; but I do think IP will have the course over originality if they move forward.

Dream list would be....
1. Godzilla(Huge Huuugggeee HUGE!!! Fan)
2. Lord of the Rings(Reaching but just imagine Middle Earth brought to life like only Universal can)
3. Universal’s Classic Monsters(Don’t forget the Wolfman PLEASE)
4. DreamWorks: How to Train your Dragon and Trolls(probably in the minority here but I think it has the most potential for dark ride material and show)
5.Ministries of the Wizarding World

I get the feeling, following Fantastic Worlds; that IP will set the course for the park.

That doesn't mean the park may have an original theme/style to differentiate it, because it seems like UFW might try something like that; but I do think IP will have the course over originality if they move forward.

I feel like if the rumored lands end up being true, we already have most of what's coming to UFW in some form or another. Which complicates things a bit.

I feel like if the rumored lands end up being true, we already have most of what's coming to UFW in some form or another. Which complicates things a bit.

For sure SNW...But what other lands do we share? We don't have Classic Monsters. Not sure what other lands are going to that park.

For sure SNW...But what other lands do we share? We don't have Classic Monsters. Not sure what other lands are going to that park.

Rumors have pegged UFW to potentially have Super Nintendo World (Mushroom Kingdom/DKCountry), DreamWorks Animation, Potter/FB, and Universal Monsters.

While I don't disagree, I do think we are going to see familiar IPs hit if Universal is indeed putting in the time for Gate 2.

__

A thought dawn's, if they make the moves towards that; wouldn't they need to be as public as possible for what it'd take over and time frames?

Considering the County, 2028 LA Olympic Committee, and organizers who do things on the backlot (not to mention the community line), I would think they'd have to be addressing this. Even if, they don't go to detail of what comes in.

Even if Universal City is it's own "city" in a sense, it shouldn't be to where they are secret about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: SOCAL110
Alright, I'm trying to take the survey where supposedly all the juicy info is, but there's a glitch in the survey. Don't know if I can elaborate (Someone brought it up earlier), but it's impossible to proceed without it getting fixed. If you've taken it (or at least tried), you know what I'm talkin' about.

It seems that Uni is thinking of adding their own little Fantastic Worlds.

I wonder if USH pulls the trigger & decides to do a 2nd gate if it would be a West Coast version of Fantasic Worlds, just with less acres and more compact.

I wonder if USH pulls the trigger & decides to do a 2nd gate if it would be a West Coast version of Fantasic Worlds, just with less acres and more compact.

If they do terrain changes and use the most amount of space (without effecting the Olympic Soundstages, Costuming/Props, and a few other things), they could easily get to 60 acres for a park.

It'd be compact, sure, but larger than USH as it stands now.

Status
Not open for further replies.