Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 506 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just came back from Orlando and did one of their 'secret' tours with a team member, i won't name names etc as i don't want anyone getting in trouble, their under NDA for a lot of things i bet. Something interesting that was mentioned though is:

Ministry of Magic is going where Fear Factor is, didn't elaborate and no time frame was given
When asked about new park they mentioned they were under the NDA so couldn't confirm or deny anything, lit up when i mentioned Classic Monsters so could be possible but did mention that they're looking to make this extremely immersive rather than just having throwaway rides, this could go with the Dracula Castle walk-through that i saw mentioned somewhere on the boards?

Also, move this if this is the wrong thread. I'm new around here ;)
Welcome to posting on the Forum. :thumbsup:

Given all his HHN work, he's a great asset to have when it comes to consulting on a monsters world.

For the not giving clues part, I'm assuming he's in charge of the forthcoming Bourne show and there's zip to be seen any where.

Considering that Murdy was the lead behind Mummy, Aiello could be doing the same for Monsters.

Considering that Murdy was the lead behind Mummy, Aiello could be doing the same for Monsters.
Murdy also came into Universal as a ride designer. He moved to HHN from Creative and has experience in ride design and development.

As talented as Mike is, his experience is in shows and entertainment. That's what he has done for 20 years (after moving on from being a Jaws skipper). His contributions to the new park will be in THAT capacity.

EDIT - Mike wrote the Grinchmas show. Does that mean they'll bring him in to help design a Mount Crumpitt ride?

Murdy also came into Universal as a ride designer. He moved to HHN from Creative and has experience in ride design and development.

As talented as Mike is, his experience is in shows and entertainment. That's what he has done for 20 years (after moving on from being a Jaws skipper). His contributions to the new park will be in THAT capacity.

EDIT - Mike wrote the Grinchmas show. Does that mean they'll bring him in to help design a Mount Crumpitt ride?

I was thinking more of helping out with backstory and consulting rather than actual ride design.

Reactions: truejonas
From a story aspect, I could see Mike being consulted on just about anything. Some rides blur the lines between show and vehicle, but I can see why they would want to keep the distinction.

...... John Murdy is Universal Studio Historian as well which means its his bread and butter to understand old Universal properties as well as the history of the studio which the Monster movies is what gave Universal its fame so I don't think Mike really needs to be consulted on story for a Monster land. If anything Mike can be in help of is the designing aspects in regards for logistics to be made to fit the audience and guest preferences of Orlando vs Hollywood.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anything for the monster world, I really hope they go over the top with design aspects including rebuilding the Phantom of Opera set from Stage 28 and maybe actually reviving that idea from the past.

Reactions: JoeCamel
All I suggested was Mike possibly helping out with this new endeavor, which as I recall is a "all hands on deck" project. I know Murdy has more experience in rides than Mike, and is the better choice to lead the project. But do you really think UC won't allow Mike to at least help out?

Reactions: natespf
Why is it such a big deal whether Mike is working on ride design or not. The last several posts have almost been putting down his talent for no reason. All we know is he is helping in some capacity with the new park along with John from Hollywood.

Why is it such a big deal whether Mike is working on ride design or not. The last several posts have almost been putting down his talent for no reason. All we know is he is helping in some capacity with the new park along with John from Hollywood.
Where has his talent been put down?

I'm talking objectively about his job and experience. My frustration is this (unintentional) perception that keeps bubbling up where Mike and Murdy are the only individuals capable of talking about Monsters. Mike posts anything, and the response is, "Mike's working on Monsters."

Mike has overseen/written/directed Grinchmas, Mardi Gras parades, the new Christmas parade, the Harry Potter street shows, Cinimatic Celebration, the Hogwarts light shows, and the T2 replacement. He has had a hand in all the contracted performers brought in over the last five years, including AoV. He would have approved the glitter-farting troll. Those matter because it gives an idea of what he can be doing for the new park. He could be writing a HTTYD show while developing a daytime parade and fireworks show. That's in the wheelhouse of his job and experience. Point being, what he's doing could, very likely have nothing to do with Monsters or a ride or "consulting."

Where has his talent been put down?

I'm talking objectively about his job and experience. My frustration is this (unintentional) perception that keeps bubbling up where Mike and Murdy are the only individuals capable of talking about Monsters. Mike posts anything, and the response is, "Mike's working on Monsters."

Mike has overseen/written/directed Grinchmas, Mardi Gras parades, the new Christmas parade, the Harry Potter street shows, Cinimatic Celebration, the Hogwarts light shows, and the T2 replacement. He has had a hand in all the contracted performers brought in over the last five years, including AoV. He would have approved the glitter-farting troll. Those matter because it gives an idea of what he can be doing for the new park. He could be writing a HTTYD show while developing a daytime parade and fireworks show. That's in the wheelhouse of his job and experience. Point being, what he's doing could, very likely have nothing to do with Monsters or a ride or "consulting."
Your right and I get that people keep assuming his role. I wasn’t attacking you or anybody else for that matter but it seemed like the conversation was getting heated for no reason concerning Mike and what he can bring to the table.

I know it's a long shot, but I wouldn't mind seeing some of the anime attractions from USJ make their way over to this park. It shouldn't be too hard to clone them.
Same here, I'd love to see an "Anime Area" in the third gate with rides from Universal Japan's "Cool Japan" seasonal/temporary re-themes: Universal Cool Japan 2019 | USJ (so it would indeed be easy to clone them!)

Giving all of these popular anime shows a cohesive land would be great. I feel the more niche anime franchises like Lupin and Gin Tama would be left out though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Magic-Man
Does anyone know if this Monster world would all be an oldd European village or would it have other areas like maybe Egypt or the Amazon? I know it would be a smaller world for the park but it doesn't sound very worldly if it is only an old European village.

Does anyone know if this Monster world would all be an oldd European village or would it have other areas like maybe Egypt or the Amazon? I know it would be a smaller world for the park but it doesn't sound very worldly if it is only an old European village.
Honestly they may integrate a Dieselpunk or Steampunk aesthetic into the design to break it up a bit from Diagon or FB

Status
Not open for further replies.