Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Any word on if/what/when these speculated premium nights would be? I may buy the BOGO deal but honestly would pay more for a better quality night than 2 busier ones, so don't know whether to wait it out a bit to see if the rumour mill coughs anything up about them before the June deadline.

All this discussion of the BOGOF, are the frequent fear passes still going to be a thing? Don't want to miss out.

Well, they need to do something about crowds, something that hopefully isn't add more houses. It's clearly the number one complaint/concern people have.

More houses would certainly help some of the crowds get off of the street. More shows would help too, particularly theater-based ones that people don't just walk up to.

HOS has a 'rough around the edges' feel to it that makes it special...Reminds me of the old HHN days

HOS: watching your favorite indie rock band in a small beat up theater in Ybor
HHN: Arena rock show

I get what you’re saying, I love an intimate concert experience.

But For me it’s like small town theatre production vs west end/broadway.

If I’m flying 3000 miles for 2 weeks I want a professional, slick, highly themed spectacle.

Where is this small, uncrowded Howl-0-Scream event you speak of? Because I went to a Halloween event at Busch Gardens Tampa last October that was every bit as crowded as 90% of nights at HHN. I broke down and bought Express--friends who didn't saw two houses that night.

To continue the music analogy, it was a crappy "tribute" band at HoB filled with CMs who don't even know the original songs but heard there would be free beer.

Where is this small, uncrowded Howl-0-Scream event you speak of? Because I went to a Halloween event at Busch Gardens Tampa last October that was every bit as crowded as 90% of nights at HHN. I broke down and bought Express--friends who didn't saw two houses that night.

To continue the music analogy, it was a crappy "tribute" band at HoB filled with CMs who don't even know the original songs but heard there would be free beer.

Was hella busy when I went as well, I put it down to just being a busy night. Not sure if the whole event is that way.

Well most of my ranting yesterday was me having a bit of a rough day. So I do apologize if I came off a bit rude to anyone. I am genuinely annoyed by the crowds, but last year was still a great year. I just hope Uni learns from last year, attempts to address the complaints. Add more shows, houses, whatever to thin the crowds, and add premium nights for people like me who are willing to pay.

And yeah from what I have seen, HoS is getting pretty crowded. Granted a lot of Busch Gardens walkways are more narrow but still. I think haunts in general are becoming more popular.

Well most of my ranting yesterday was me having a bit of a rough day. So I do apologize if I came off a bit rude to anyone. I am genuinely annoyed by the crowds, but last year was still a great year. I just hope Uni learns from last year, attempts to address the complaints. Add more shows, houses, whatever to thin the crowds, and add premium nights for people like me who are willing to pay.

And yeah from what I have seen, HoS is getting pretty crowded. Granted a lot of Busch Gardens walkways are more narrow but still. I think haunts in general are becoming more popular.

You didn’t come off rude at all, at least not in my opinion.

I’m genuinely annoyed by crowds as well but unfortunately it won’t stop me going, in my experience there’s still ways to get around them somewhat, but it does make navigating the park and enjoying scarezones harder.

Yeah crowds make it hard to enjoy the scarezones for me especially which sucks because I love scarezones so much (like it wasn't obvious). But either way, no one does it quite like the HHN team. I am hoping when I take my grandparents, we get a less crowded night. I want them to experience HHN at its finest.

I agree on crowds. Stopped me from really enjoying any of the scarezones, as I found myself rushing through the crowds more than taking the time to appreciate them.

The easy answer from our perspective is to limit guest numbers. But this is a business so that’s never going to happen. More shows? Sure, but needs to be the right fit for the event, and would need to be a sit down theatre (old T2 theatre anyone? Assuming that renovations are complete in time). It’s a tough one. As people have mentioned there’s a risk of the event becoming a victim of its own success.

The crazy thing is we had literally the PERFECT night at HHN (it was a Friday) in 2017. We were able to do all the houses, Bill & Ted, and rode Gringotts and took a break and got ice cream with Stay and Scream (no express). I just want this experience again... It was only 2 years ago.

I get what you’re saying, I love an intimate concert experience.

But For me it’s like small town theatre production vs west end/broadway.

If I’m flying 3000 miles for 2 weeks I want a professional, slick, highly themed spectacle.
If I wasn't local I could see how that would be annoying

Fright Feast is the best thing HOS has going honestly

The crazy thing is we had literally the PERFECT night at HHN (it was a Friday) in 2017. We were able to do all the houses, Bill & Ted, and rode Gringotts and took a break and got ice cream with Stay and Scream (no express). I just want this experience again... It was only 2 years ago.
I experienced a similar night in 2017 as well. As I said awhile back, we went in September last year, and I guess we got a good day 'cause the crowd seemed half of what we experienced in October.

One night last year on 10/12 I did 19 runs with express. So 9 of those were without. I think it is still possible to do every house on a night as long as it is not a capacity night. The biggest thing that helps is being able to see where the line is and immediately know how long it should be. Since express isn't time slotted like fast passes at disney everyone with express could show up to one house all at once. All of the lines both regular and express oscillate and you have to be willing to eyeball it and get out and come back later if that line looks longer than it should. It leads to more walking and entering and exiting lines but it is possible to counterprogram how the masses move through the park. Especially those with express. With express you would just assume u skip lines so you go in order. Express for the front houses would be longer earlier in the night with express at the tents getting longer later. So just adjust how you move though the park to counter how the gp tours.

The only time I did everything in one night was 2013 my first year going on Friday October 25 and that was the only night I went that year. That was the only time where I’ve gone and done it all (shows houses scare zones rides) in one night ever. Crowds are ridiculous and only grow larger year after year.