Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean...it still could be

Netflix is trademarking almost everything with ‘amusement park services’

Whether that means it will comes to the parks or not is up for debate but it certainly adds fuel to the fire plus I think Universal and Netflix have started a good relationship after HHN.

Jurassicedition posted this earlier today. I'm assuming this photo op will be relocated to make way for the track. Praying this is the case. I'd hate for the original screen used pieces to disappear.

Late to comment on this; but curious as to people's take on the following:

T-Rex and other Dinos with the vehicles as photo ops
or
T-Rex and other Dinos w/o the vehicles as photo ops

I prefer the latter. Have the Dinos in the bushes but allows for wider walkways and less clutter and feels a bit more "jungle-like"

Netflix is trademarking almost everything with ‘amusement park services’

Whether that means it will comes to the parks or not is up for debate but it certainly adds fuel to the fire plus I think Universal and Netflix have started a good relationship after HHN.
Jurrassic Things sounds better...Netflix never returns my phone calls though

Side note: I hope they don't touch Camp Jurrassic too much, it really is an awesome area...I hope it gets more appreciated when the coaster opens

or

I prefer the latter. Have the Dinos in the bushes but allows for wider walkways and less clutter and feels a bit more "jungle-like"

I like the vehicles, but I don't know that I need them as part of the same photo ops as the dinos. Ideally, I'd still like everything to remain throughout the land, but not necessarily grouped together.

or

More Dinos are needed. Even an encounter like Japan's Spino would be amazing! I can take or leave the current Spino in IOA. If they are keeping with the JP theme throughout the land and not rebranding it to JW then I would like to see specific dinos with each vehicle.

The Original Rex with the Explorer.

A Dilo with the Jeep would be fantastic, since this is the actual Jeep used in the movie that Nedry steals. (even though they repainted it with the wrong number)

I would like to see a Lost World style Rex with the Mercedes.

Just theme the photo ops with Movie Canon. The Spino over the Mercedes only partly works, Isla Sorna Yes, timeline No

If its rebranded to JW then they need to build an InGen Garage so the vehicles can still be displayed for the fans of the original trilogy.

Lastly, no matter if they rebrand it or not, the bushes need a rustle feature, to imply raptors stalking park visitors.

More Dinos are needed. Even an encounter like Japan's Spino would be amazing! I can take or leave the current Spino in IOA. If they are keeping with the JP theme throughout the land and not rebranding it to JW then I would like to see specific dinos with each vehicle.

The Original Rex with the Explorer.

A Dilo with the Jeep would be fantastic, since this is the actual Jeep used in the movie that Nedry steals. (even though they repainted it with the wrong number)

I would like to see a Lost World style Rex with the Mercedes.

Just theme the photo ops with Movie Canon. The Spino over the Mercedes only partly works, Isla Sorna Yes, timeline No

If its rebranded to JW then they need to build an InGen Garage so the vehicles can still be displayed for the fans of the original trilogy.

Lastly, no matter if they rebrand it or not, the bushes need a rustle feature, to imply raptors stalking park visitors.
Agree with more Dino’s and and inGen garage.

Also I would LOVE to see the electric fences placed back within the foliage. Just like they use to be when the park first opened. I’m still salty they took all of them away -_- They really made the island feel immersive and huge.

Agree with more Dino’s and and inGen garage.

Also I would LOVE to see the electric fences placed back within the foliage. Just like they use to be when the park first opened. I’m still salty they took all of them away -_- They really made the island feel immersive and huge.
More electric fences should be coming along with the new coaster, located across from the entrance to River Adventure.

WHY DID THEY KEEP THE DOCK IT'S NOT ATTACHED TO ANYTHING

Methinks they may use it as a viewing area for the coaster..

Either that, or they plan on using that as an operational dock if they need to do work around the lagoon, but that'd somewhat defeat the point of the backstage docks next to LC and Seuss.

Those areas surrounded in orange are part of the original drainage grate thingys. It will be interesting to see if they still need them in the grand scheme. I am sure they are interconnected to other necessary lines.

Edit: Too, I believe that dock may not actually be floating, but a solid concrete structure or concrete piers covered in wood. Having it removed may be more trouble than it is worth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.