Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 549 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most drop rides you come in facing a dead end wall, that will add a good element of surprise to it.

Taking a step back, this ride has so much going on for a single ride it’s unlike anything else.

• The trains
  • The theming, scenery and AAs
  • The launch through the ruins
  • The Spike
  • The backwards section
  • The drop
  • The last big launch
This attraction is going to knock our socks off. :thumbsup:

I mean, I wouldn't necessarily say for the better. 44" would've opened up the ride to more people to ride, which makes for longer wait times, sure, but the problem Universal faces right now is not enough attractions younger children can ride. I get really small children aren't ready for this. I'm not arguing that. But at 5-6 you're typically ready for these types of thrills, but the average height of even a 6 year old is only 44"-47". It's not until children are 7-8 years old where the average child hits 48".

This causes a problem within WWoHP as all 3 main attractions (FJ, Gringotts and Hagrid) will now be 48", Hippogriff is 36" and HE is all ages, but it's more or less a form of transportation. Now 48" is better than the 54" that Dragon Challenge was and it's a much more fitting experience to the land. I just know that Many parents come to UOR from a Disney vacation because their older kids want to come, but there's not enough to satisfy the littler ones. This isn't just some made up stuff either, this is stuff I hear about a decent amount.

Now I get Universal and Disney aren't necessarily targeting the same audiences, but with Universal trying to bite into those that go to WDW, they are getting more and more families staying on-site which in turn means they also need to build more rides that aren't motion simulators/3D rides and have limited or no height requirements. The older crowd can have their thrills, but while they get the thrills there also has to be a little something for everyone else who either won't/can't ride such an attraction or isn't tall enough. I know @Andy has talked about how hard it is as a parent of a young child to go to Universal.

EDIT: This sort of spun out into a general resort post by accident. I'm extremely excited for the ride, just making note of something with the height requirements in the WWoHP for the main attractions.

Definitely don’t want to hijack the thread but just a quick add to this post from Nick. 48” for this attraction makes sense given the ride itself and I don’t think it really should be a ride with a lower targeted height requirement. Harry Potter is definitely a little advanced for most children whose ages are relevant to anything less than 48 inches. My daughter is right at 44” and I wouldn’t let her watch Potter yet. So this height requirement to me makes total sense.

That being said Universal in the grand scheme of things has to begin including attractions with lower height requirements. SLOP at USH I think could be a perfect example. Then again Karen Irwin is also a straight BOSS and is someone I think should run the whole damn company but that’s a conversation for a different day.

Anywho yeah Potter and it’s height requirement totally fine, but Universal as a whole is leaving money on the table cause they won’t target a younger demographic.

Definitely don’t want to hijack the thread but just a quick add to this post from Nick. 48” for this attraction makes sense given the ride itself and I don’t think it really should be a ride with a lower targeted height requirement. Harry Potter is definitely a little advanced for most children whose ages are relevant to anything less than 48 inches. My daughter is right at 44” and I wouldn’t let her watch Potter yet. So this height requirement to me makes total sense.

That being said Universal in the grand scheme of things has to begin including attractions with lower height requirements. SLOP at USH I think could be a perfect example. Then again Karen Irwin is also a straight BOSS and is someone I think should run the whole damn company but that’s a conversation for a different day.

Anywho yeah Potter and it’s height requirement totally fine, but Universal as a whole is leaving money on the table cause they won’t target a younger demographic.

It’s been said prettty much ad nauseum, but Disney has the under 10 market pretty much covered and monoplaized. Even with an extensive toddler friendly area , young families will still likely choose Disney over UOR

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
It’s been said prettty much ad nauseum, but Disney has the under 10 market pretty much covered and monoplaized. Even with an extensive toddler friendly area , young families will still likely choose Disney over UOR

People with families will visit Disney no matter what. Universal already caters to the thrill demographic, and doing even more the next couple of years. Uni can, and should, try to cater to young demographics.

Status
Not open for further replies.