Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 550 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why throw good money at bad? They can’t compete with Disney when it comes to toddlers, because they don’t have the IPs. Simple as that. I think they’re playing it pretty smart and as best they can given the circumstances. ☺️

Universal has plenty to work with using IP's that aim at younger crowds. Just because they can't be #1 doesn't mean they shouldn't cater to them.

They will lose either way. It will be interesting to see them try.
They don’t need to ‘win’. The issue is there are plenty of families that go to the park NOW with younger kids and are looking for things to do and end up having a bad experience because there’s not much for them to do.

You’d be surprised how many families with small children visit Universal.

Although a new park focused on family friendly rides doesn’t sound too exciting in 2023
Because nobody likes Magic Kingdom, right?

Last edited:

My family would be guilty as charged, but we also will only do the afterhours events to try to beat some of the crowd insanity. I'm not looking forward to having kids who want to go to Disney.

I do think UOR's new park is a good opportunity to at least have a well balanced selection. You don't need to have a boring ride to make it kid friendly (Minions would be a good example, IMO). Slow moving dark rides may be a go-to when it comes to family friendly rides, but there's plenty of opportunity to mix it up.

My family would be guilty as charged, but we also will only do the afterhours events to try to beat some of the crowd insanity. I'm not looking forward to having kids who want to go to Disney.

I do think UOR's new park is a good opportunity to at least have a well balanced selection. You don't need to have a boring ride to make it kid friendly (Minions would be a good example, IMO). Slow moving dark rides may be a go-to when it comes to family friendly rides, but there's plenty of opportunity to mix it up.
Oh I agree the new park will probably be a good mix. That’s what it should be.

They don’t need to ‘win’. The issue is there are plenty of families that go to the park NOW with younger kids and are looking for things to do and end up having a bad experience because there’s not much for them to do.

You’d be surprised how many families with small children visit Universal.

The magic kingdom thrives on nostalgia, not just kiddie rides.
The new UOR Park May not have the same popularity of its children’s rides because of it.
Who knows though...I’m sure it will do fine.

Reactions: truejonas
Status
Not open for further replies.