Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

That Darn Marvel Contract – What Rights Does Universal and Disney Own

Will the meet and greet with her be announced during the press event on the 12th and will she meet and greet white men 40+?
Just kidding ;) of course she won't.:bolt:

But yeah she is part of the contract and camps out at Universal on the east coast.

Now that Disney has completed the acquisition of several of Fox’s production and distribution units I’d like to remind everyone Disney isn’t going to use the Simpsons in the Universal parks to “leverage” Universal to give up Marvel rights.

1. Marvel has a contract that runs into perpetuity, Simpson’s is not.
  2. Marvel is worth more to Universal than Simpsons is.
  3. Disney ya repeatedly stated they are happy with the rights they do have for WDW.

Now that Disney has completed the acquisition of several of Fox’s production and distribution units I’d like to remind everyone Disney isn’t going to use the Simpsons in the Universal parks to “leverage” Universal to give up Marvel rights.

3. Disney ya repeatedly stated they are happy with the rights they do have for WDW.
In what universe is a dying TV show even remotely equal to a multi-billion dollar mega-hit money printing machine? People think the strangest things.

In what universe is a dying TV show even remotely equal to a multi-billion dollar mega-hit money printing machine? People think the strangest things.

It’s a weird “if Disney controls it then it’ll be better” thing. Which is absurd.

Simpsons contract ends sometime around 2030 right?

I want to enjoy as many Krusty Burgers as I can.

I think it’s likely the ride is gone before then and the land is phased out after that.

*cracks knuckles*

That Darn Simpsons Contract

I think it’s likely the ride is gone before then and the land is phased out after that.

I'll be honest, I'd demolish the ride whenever they either replace KidZone and fold it into that project or whenever they replace MIB and fold it into that project. Keep FFB, the Quickie Mart, and Kang&Kodos around until the contract ends. It's the part of the land everyone likes anyway

I'll be honest, I'd demolish the ride whenever they either replace KidZone and fold it into that project or whenever they replace MIB and fold it into that project. Keep FFB, the Quickie Mart, and Kang&Kodos around until the contract ends. It's the part of the land everyone likes anyway

Agree. The food is great, the ride is just :ack: now. Used to love it.

Thinking ahead to phase 4... where do The Eternals fall?

They lie to one of the three sub-species of the Clestials, alongside Mutants and humans. And for characters, they've tangled with the likes of Kronos; and have met the likes of Thor.

There's also a connection to the mad Titan himself; but in the end, he may be..exempt.

I imagine, we'll get some clearing up when Endgame comes out, to set that stage.

If anything, Hercules should not be allowed to to be used by WDW.

You'd think that moving forward Disney would choose to promote characters that they have more control of and that Uni doesn't have the rights to. Granted, they can't 100% do that, but if they have to introduce new characters to keep the MCU fresh, why not use ones they don't have restrictions on?

I really dont feel like doing the leg work, can anyone tell me if universal can use the characters on that one cutout to make new attractions or no?? I forget.

You'd think that moving forward Disney would choose to promote characters that they have more control of and that Uni doesn't have the rights to. Granted, they can't 100% do that, but if they have to introduce new characters to keep the MCU fresh, why not use ones they don't have restrictions on?

Probably because Orlando is such a minuscule part of the overall scale of things.

They’ve struck gold with these films and having lesser characters probably wouldn’t have resulted in the same success. They still make money from sales in IOA and much more money in movie tickets sales because of the characters they've used.

I really dont feel like doing the leg work, can anyone tell me if universal can use the characters on that one cutout to make new attractions or no?? I forget.

Universal Creative is more than fine on doing new attractions (and had plans for one a few years back; but was paused due to technical limitations with the ride system: Iron Legion).

If they would've had problems, The Incredible Hulk wouldn't of gotten the redo that it did.

Probably because Orlando is such a minuscule part of the overall scale of things.

They’ve struck gold with these films and having lesser characters probably wouldn’t have resulted in the same success. They still make money from sales in IOA and much more money in movie tickets sales because of the characters they've used.

Outside of Guardians and Doctor Strange, I do agree with this.

There are more properties for Disney to handle, and I imagine if they do Doctor Strange; that's gonna be the limit-break.

Universal Creative is more than fine on doing new attractions (and had plans for one a few years back; but was paused due to technical limitations with the ride system: Iron Legion).

If they would've had problems, The Incredible Hulk wouldn't of gotten the redo that it did.

Outside of Guardians and Doctor Strange, I do agree with this.

There are more properties for Disney to handle, and I imagine if they do Doctor Strange; that's gonna be the limit-break.
Yes, if the tech worked, Iron Legion would probably be opening soon...that said, I think the boat has sailed for any new IOA Marvel attractions in the real near future. With Hagrid, the Jurassic coaster, and the new park attractions, there's little room in a time frame for a new D or E ticket for Marvel Island. Maybe 5 or 6 years down the road, at the earliest.

Big Hero 6 and Guardians of the Galaxy movies exist because Disney was digging deep to discover untapped Marvel characters.

Reading the thread about Spider-Man at DCA, I think that Disney probably think of this contract being in perpetuity as a blessing. the die hard Disney fans want Marvel at WDW but Disney have an easy defense which in a twisted way (depending on how you look at it) make Disney seem like the good guys and Universal, the bad guys.

It's one thing to build a Marvel land on the west coast or any where else in the world but to build one in Orlando sounds like a complete nightmare. MSHI has Spider-man (IMO the GOAT) and Hulk, both of which are iconic and excellent rides. If Disney decided to build a Marvel land in Orlando, the comparisons are going to be there from day one and not only do they need to beat what Universal have created, they have to destroy it.

It's an impossible task with not that much return for the time and money that would need to be thrown at the project and as it stands, they're still making a killing off merchandise sales at IOA. Also, woith everything coming to WDW, they don't need anything else to add to the potential that they could already build, especially now with the Fox acquisition.

On a different subject, did anybody hear the story behind Stan Lee's cameo in Captain Marvel?