Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 130 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
e7ff4c547e8c85653b5d673356c5eae6--bigfoot-sasquatch-beef-jerky.jpg

Swamp Yeti was definitely the scariest moment of the entire event for me last year so that's awesome to hear. I wouldn't mind shifting it into a Bigfoot house though, I bet the Pacific Northwest scenery would be beautiful.

Also, we now have another house codename/location/theme for the speculation pile. I think this is the current list so far, but I could be wrong:
  • Hysteria - Soundstage - Speculated to be Stranger Things
  • Jerky - Soundstage - Speculated to be Sasquatch
  • Onyx - Soundstage - Implied to be the best fit for an Alien house (if it happens)
  • Pressure - Parade - Implied to be usable for an Alien house (if it happens)
  • Cotton - Shrek - Would need to move if Shrek closes, may be Killer Klowns (if it happens)
  • Pit - Tent - Implied to be too small for Hill House (if it happens)
So we're still looking for the locations of Chicken, Drill, Dog, and Salt, and all but two of the houses' themes are still in question.
Pit may possibly be a Roman Gladiator theme, just from earlier speculation.

Also, we now have another house codename/location/theme for the speculation pile. I think this is the current list so far, but I could be wrong:

I feel like even though we landed on this one pretty quickly, it may actually be another property.

Swamp Yeti was definitely the scariest moment of the entire event for me last year so that's awesome to hear. I wouldn't mind shifting it into a Bigfoot house though, I bet the Pacific Northwest scenery would be beautiful.

• Jerky - Soundstage - Speculated to be Sasquatch
  • Onyx - Soundstage - Implied to be the best fit for an Alien house (if it happens)
  • Pressure - Parade - Implied to be usable for an Alien house (if it happens)
  • Cotton - Shrek - Would need to move if Shrek closes, may be Killer Klowns (if it happens)
  • Pit - Tent - Implied to be too small for Hill House (if it happens)
So we're still looking for the locations of Chicken, Drill, Dog, and Salt, and all but two of the houses' themes are still in question.
Two of your locations are wrong.

I haven’t heard much this year, but I know I’ve heard NOTHING about an Alien house. I’d move that to the bottom of speculated IPs bin.

And... um...

My Family Guy clue (if legit) could probably be for Chicken.

a bigfoot house would actually be scary. imagine while you're walking inside the woods, you just hear this in the distance

Reactions: Darko
Two of your locations are wrong.

I haven’t heard much this year, but I know I’ve heard NOTHING about an Alien house. I’d move that to the bottom of speculated IPs bin.

And... um...

The ones I'm most unsure of are Hysteria, Pressure, and Onyx, so my guess is two of those three are wrong. Also, I think everyone else was right in speculating House of 1,000 Corpses then; Captain Spaulding connects to Chicken and the clues speaks to Universal backing out of distributing the movie last minute.

I'm wondering if some of the location "rules" posted before are still in effect:
  • None of the food codenames, Salt, Jerky, & Chicken, share a location type.
  • Onyx as a location is a better fit than Pressure is for an Alien house (which most likely isn't happening but is useful for puzzling stuff out).

I’m quieter this year but can you repost your Family Guy one? Or is it like a few pages back and I have to not be lazy for once in my life and look for it myself??

I ask cause I saw a clue ages ago that I thought was Hill House but I didn’t say anything and I don’t remember if it was Family Guy or Rick & Morty.

I’m quieter this year but can you repost your Family Guy one? Or is it like a few pages back and I have to not be lazy for once in my life and look for it myself??

I ask cause I saw a clue ages ago that I thought was Hill House but I didn’t say anything and I don’t remember if it was Family Guy or Rick & Morty.

I might be mis-remembering, but the FG clue was Peter saying something like 'I guess Fox need to make room for all these high quality shows.'

I'm wondering if some of the location "rules" posted before are still in effect:
  • None of the food codenames, Salt, Jerky, & Chicken, share a location type.
  • Onyx as a location is a better fit than Pressure is for an Alien house (which most likely isn't happening but is useful for puzzling stuff out).
To my knowledge, no locations have changed. These still apply.

Here’s your clue. It hasn’t been confirmed, but this is something to work from:

via Imgflip GIF Maker

In a YouTube video I saw at hhn people ride a bus with video screens then they got out and had to walk past scare actors. What was that something people pay extra for?

Reactions: JawsVictim
In a YouTube video I saw at hhn people ride a bus with video screens then they got out and had to walk past scare actors. What was that something people pay extra for?

I believe you're talking about the Studio Tour, aka Terror Tram, at Universal Studios Hollywood's event. It is included with admission (and mostly not that great).

I am praying this whole Swamp Yeti thing comes to fruition. That part got me everytime, probably the most consistantly scary maze section in the whole event and for that to come out of Slaugter Sinema says a lot.

Here’s a story I posted awhile back about my best experience of that house. If it can reach the true terror I had in this moment right here we’ll have a house for the ages.

Swamp Yeti gets me everytime man, it’s insane.

The last run through I had was last night around 1am. My group was the only one in the house so we were getting every actor up to the first Swamp Yeti.

This dude jumped out and refused to go back into his hole, he kept screaming in my face and slammed his hands on the ground like an ape. I’ve never run out of a house like that in my life, and all that over slaughter sinema lmao.

I am praying this whole Swamp Yeti thing comes to fruition. That part got me everytime, probably the most consistantly scary maze section in the whole event and for that to come out of Slaugter Sinema says a lot.

Here’s a story I posted awhile back about my best experience of that house. If it can reach the true terror I had in this moment right here we’ll have a house for the ages.
Yeah I never get scared at HHN, I just love the atmosphere and sets and everything. But Swamp Yeti was actually terrifying to me. My husband kept using me as a shield everytime we reached that portion of the house.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
My hope is that it isn’t necessarily “Swamp Yeti” but some form of Bigfoot creature. I feel like with 27 having Dead Waters and 28 having SS- with Swamp Yeti, I’d love to get a different environment aside from a swamp.

Here’s my take on it: have it be a road-side attraction museum centered around Bigfoot/Yeti from all across the world. How they all come to life, I’m not exactly sure but I feel that would be an interesting take. I also feel like that lines up with a lot of what HHN has been doing in the past years for originals: Some form of traditional haunt trope combined with a unique but cleverly-fitting setting (Scarecrow- Dust Bowl, SoE- An abandoned mall, DE:pZ- Zombies but in Paris.)

My hope is that it isn’t necessarily “Swamp Yeti” but some form of Bigfoot creature. I feel like with 27 having Dead Waters and 28 having SS- with Swamp Yeti, I’d love to get a different environment aside from a swamp.

Here’s my take on it: have it be a road-side attraction museum centered around Bigfoot/Yeti from all across the world. How they all come to life, I’m not exactly sure but I feel that would be an interesting take. I also feel like that lines up with a lot of what HHN has been doing in the past years for originals: Some form of traditional haunt trope combined with a unique but cleverly-fitting setting (Scarecrow- Dust Bowl, SoE- An abandoned mall, DE:pZ- Zombies but in Paris.)
To my recolection they haven't had an entire house in a forest before...It could be an interesting take on it

Maybe a small general store at the beginning

To my recolection they haven't had an entire house in a forest before...It could be an interesting take on it

Maybe a small general store at the beginning
the closest i can think of for almost whole forest maze was the 2009 wolfman maze. but even that had other enviroments to (pub, icehouse, asyulm, manor, catacombs,).

also, i would love for this maze to be in the urban legend series that was discontinued in 2013.

Reactions: JMalez
I would prefer a Bigfoot house just stay simple. Make a large realistic forest set with some landmarks and setpieces mixed about only to keep it feeling not too repetitious. I’d be fine with a shorter house if that means that it keeps you grounded in the fear of Bigfoot.

Swamp Yeti had the blessing of being short and simple, I think adding too much context might take away from that yknow? The giant killer ape doesn’t need a backstory to be scary.

Reactions: Darko