Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 131 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
When it comes to a Sasquatch/Swamp Yeti House, is anybody else worried about them casting a lot of big guys for the role? I remember TCM having scene reset issues due to scareactor fatigue.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Ok, so the maze will either be about a Yeti, Bigfoot/Sasquatch, or...The Beast with a Billion Backs. :grin:

Or something else entirely.

Ok, so the maze will either be about a Yeti, Bigfoot/Sasquatch, or...The Beast with a Billion Backs. :grin:

Or something else entirely.

I would actually make a mashup house. A sole Bigfoot or Yeti maze would be quite repetitive with the same scare over and over again. I'd make an Urban Legends house to mix them all together.

I would actually make a mashup house. A sole Bigfoot or Yeti maze would be quite repetitive with the same scare over and over again. I'd make an Urban Legends house to mix them all together.
... Except

Catacombs
Nightingales
Foresaken
Scarecrow
Forsaken
Seeds

A few others are "the same scare over and over." There's precedent for it (and it's easier to produce costumes in bulk).

Last edited:
I'm still on my quest to match all the code names to house locations, so here's my latest attempt. I'm basing it on three rules:
  1. "Food Can't Touch" - Jerky, Salt, and Chicken are all a different location type
  2. "Alien" - Back when the Alien house was rumored to be a thing, it was suggested that Onyx is a better fit than Pressure. My assumption is you need more space for an Alien house, so Onyx will always be a larger house type than Pressure.
  3. "2 Out of 3" - My last guess placed Onyx and Hysteria in Soundstages, and Pressure in a Parade building. Legacy said two out of these three locations were wrong, so two need to be in a new location.
So, here's my new guess:
  • Soundstage - Jerky - Confirmed by Insiders
  • Soundstage - Onyx or Hysteria - "2 out of 3" rule
  • Soundstage - Drill - Process of Elimination
  • Soundstage - Dog - Process of Elimination
  • Parade - Chicken or Salt - "Food Can't Touch" rule
  • Parade - Onyx or Hysteria - "2 out of 3" rule
  • Shrek - Cotton - Confirmed by Insiders
  • Tent - Pit - Confirmed by Insiders
  • Tent - Chicken or Salt - "Food Can't Touch" rule
  • Tent - Pressure - Only location to satisfy both "2 out of 3" and "Alien" rules
I have some guesses about IPs and what goes where but I want to make sure I'm at least on the right track with locations first before I complicate things more.

Last edited:
I'm still on my quest to match all the code names to house locations, so here's my latest attempt. I'm basing it on three rules:
  1. "Food Can't Touch" - Jerky, Salt, and Chicken are all a different location type
  2. "Alien" - Back when the Alien house was rumored to be a thing, it was suggested that Onyx is a better fit than Pressure. My assumption is you need more space for an Alien house, so Onyx will always be a larger house type than Pressure.
  3. "2 Out of 3" - My last guess placed Onyx and Hysteria in Soundstages, and Pressure in a Parade building. Legacy said two out of these three locations were wrong, so two need to be in a new location.
So, here's my new guess:
  • Soundstage - Jerky - Confirmed by Insiders
  • Soundstage - Onyx or Hysteria - "2 out of 3" rule
  • Soundstage - Drill - Process of Elimination
  • Soundstage - Dog - Process of Elimination
  • Parade - Chicken or Salt - "Food Can't Touch" rule
  • Parade - Onyx or Hysteria - "2 out of 3" rule
  • Shrek - Cotton - Confirmed by Insiders
  • Tent - Pit - Confirmed by Insiders
  • Tent - Chicken or Salt - "Food Can't Touch" rule
  • Tent - Pressure - Only location to satisfy both "2 out of 3" and "Alien" rules
I have some guesses about IPs and what goes where but I want to make sure I'm at least on the right track with locations first before I complicate things more.
This is a high quality post.

Final location clues then. One for each of your either/ors.

"Madness returns."
"Fast food packaging."

Plus you have camper victims, use some leftover Hopper costumes for park rangers, hell even bring out the bear costume for a scene. Plenty of stuff you can do with a forest setting that isn't just bigfoot repeated.

Yeah you could do a lot of different settings. RV in forest, Campers, small bait shop in forest. Snowy area going up to the mountains. And if they really want to get deep into Bigfoot folklore they can introduce Aliens at some point in the house.

This is a high quality post.

Final location clues then. One for each of your either/ors.

"Madness returns."
"Fast food packaging."

Thanks, logic puzzles tend to be my favorite.

For "Madness Returns," I'm assuming it's both a reference to Hysteria and the video game Alice: Madness Returns. So, Alice had the Shrek house, but Shrek already has a codename, so it isn't there. Alice also did not appear in Scary Tales 4 in a soundstage last year, but she did appear in Scary Tales 3/Hallow'd Past (I think) in a parade building, so that's where "madness" would be returning to. My guess? Hysteria is the parade location, Onyx is the soundstage.

"Fast Food Packing" I'm a little stumped with. I'm guessing it relates to Chicken, since that's what would be in a fast foot container. First blush is that Chicken is a tent, 1. because the the tents kind of look like fast food containers already, 2. One of the tents housed Chucky, whose facade had you walking through some large packaging, however these seem like tenuous connections.

Just wanted to say how much I enjoy reading this thread everyday. This year will be my first year to ever attend HHN. Looking forward to it after I have read so much how great it is. Then I find this thread and can't wait to read it every day as speculation continues to grow on the what the houses will be. Thanks again to all who post here.

Lurker here, decided to say two things about things I've seen here.

1. Don't anticipate big announcements when they're still promoting current seasonal events like Mardi Gras or Grad Bash. Universal would rather guests come NOW, then in a few months see announcements for HHN & plan a second visit that year.

2. Employees being blocked out from the event is easier said than done. There are multiple entrances for employees & what exactly is stopping them from entering the lines? House Attractions people can't scan every individual ticket into the line. That would be a logistics nightmare. I can see something like that come into effect for premium nights though where they would need to buy something to be pulsed through the houses but still be able to walk through the streets & shows. It would also hurt brand pride as team members wouldn't be spending their paycheck at universal. Employees getting in for free isn't as big of a crowd issue as some believe it to be.
Screenshot 2019-03-21 at 3.00.29 AM.png

About 1/3 of that will be working the event across all departments, another third will not attend because they work early the next day, and about 1/6 will have no interest in HHN

Reactions: Journey_On

1. Don't anticipate big announcements when they're still promoting current seasonal events like Mardi Gras or Grad Bash. Universal would rather guests come NOW, then in a few months see announcements for HHN & plan a second visit that year.

2. Employees being blocked out from the event is easier said than done. There are multiple entrances for employees & what exactly is stopping them from entering the lines? House Attractions people can't scan every individual ticket into the line. That would be a logistics nightmare. I can see something like that come into effect for premium nights though where they would need to buy something to be pulsed through the houses but still be able to walk through the streets & shows. It would also hurt brand pride as team members wouldn't be spending their paycheck at universal. Employees getting in for free isn't as big of a crowd issue as some believe it to be.
View attachment 9153

About 1/3 of that will be working the event across all departments, another third will not attend because they work early the next day, and about 1/6 will have no interest in HHN

First off, Welcome to posting!

That 12,000 number may be a tad old...Like 2008 old. In 2012, they had 16,500.

The past few years saw hiring sprees of around 6,000. The number now is probably closer to 25K.

Thanks, logic puzzles tend to be my favorite.

For "Madness Returns," I'm assuming it's both a reference to Hysteria and the video game Alice: Madness Returns. So, Alice had the Shrek house, but Shrek already has a codename, so it isn't there. Alice also did not appear in Scary Tales 4 in a soundstage last year, but she did appear in Scary Tales 3/Hallow'd Past (I think) in a parade building, so that's where "madness" would be returning to. My guess? Hysteria is the parade location, Onyx is the soundstage.

"Fast Food Packing" I'm a little stumped with. I'm guessing it relates to Chicken, since that's what would be in a fast foot container. First blush is that Chicken is a tent, 1. because the the tents kind of look like fast food containers already, 2. One of the tents housed Chucky, whose facade had you walking through some large packaging, however these seem like tenuous connections.
There's no Alice connection in "madness."

What are speculating Hysteria to be, house-sitting?

Reactions: Darko

View attachment 9153

Yeah the Osbourne effect is very, very real.