Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Florida in Aug.

Feb 22, 2015
LA
So I'm pretty excited to say I'll be going to ORL in Aug. and taking my mother who's never been (I as well for most of the WDW Resort) and basically since it's been YEARS since I've last been I want to make the best out of my time there and know my way around the parks/ what would best fit our budget/ how to tackle the crowds and get the most for our budget.

Now the thing is I have two dates in mind - landing the day of SW: GE's opening or going the week before and experiencing GE in DL at a later time. However I know it may be a while till I go back, so should I just say to hell with it and go the week of GE's opening? For reference I'm thinking going either Aug. 16- 23 or Aug 23 - 30. I'm saving the last two days for UOR.

For WDW, what would be the best way to plan on hitting the parks? MK first, HS next, AK after, etc? What 2 parks would be doable in one day (I'm considering getting a 4 park hopper JUST in case but I know that doing more than 2 parks in a day is tiresome and chaotic)? Would it be best if I maximize the most doing one park per day? Also - best attractions to reserve Fastpasses for? Im thinking of making dining reservations for either breakfast or dinner as well - besides Be Our Guest, what other restaurants are there? What park would I benefit most from/ less from?

Contrast that from going opening week of SW: GE - how should my plan of attack differ?

Same for USO - IoA first, USO after (I'm probably gonna scalp for the park to park just for HE)?

If possible, what should my plan of attacks be for these parks? What should I avoid, etc.

Also besides Undercover Tourist - would I find any other better deals for these parks? Could I possibly squeeze in SWO?

Any help would be well appreciated!

If your mum doesn’t care for Star Wars, is go the week before, especially if you have the chance to go to DL later and hopefully experience both rides being open.

Should be a lot quieter (Possibky cheaper) as Star Wars will spill over to the other parks and probably Universal too.

She does, but like I said, we could always just go to DLR and experience it down here in SoCal.

Alright then, week before it is, on that case, what should my plan of procedure be for the WDW?

There are a lot of great Disney trip planning boards out there. Not saying we couldn’t give you some
Tips, but there are better sources. Check Dis boards, touring plans,
Or wdwmagic.

Now the thing is I have two dates in mind - landing the day of SW: GE's opening or going the week before and experiencing GE in DL at a later time. However I know it may be a while till I go back, so should I just say to hell with it and go the week of GE's opening? For reference I'm thinking going either Aug. 16- 23 or Aug 23 - 30. I'm saving the last two days for UOR.

Either is fine especially since you'll be at UOR when SWGE opens. Late August is good as kids are going back to school BUT it is very hot and it's hurricane season.

For WDW, what would be the best way to plan on hitting the parks? MK first, HS next, AK after, etc? What 2 parks would be doable in one day (I'm considering getting a 4 park hopper JUST in case but I know that doing more than 2 parks in a day is tiresome and chaotic)? Would it be best if I maximize the most doing one park per day? Also - best attractions to reserve Fastpasses for? Im thinking of making dining reservations for either breakfast or dinner as well - besides Be Our Guest, what other restaurants are there? What park would I benefit most from/ less from?

Depends on what you want to do. MK is the only park that cannot be done in half a day, the others can depending on what you want to do. I say DHS can be the half day park PENDING Mickey opening.

With all your questions I recommend picking up The Unofficial Guide to WDW 2019, you'll find a lot of answers in there.

Contrast that from going opening week of SW: GE - how should my plan of attack differ?

Dunno yet.

Same for USO - IoA first, USO after (I'm probably gonna scalp for the park to park just for HE)?

USO? What's that ;)

I recommend park hoppers for Hogwarts Express at that point it's one giant park.

If possible, what should my plan of attacks be for these parks? What should I avoid, etc.

Unofficial Guide to WDW has a great section on UOR too!

Also besides Undercover Tourist - would I find any other better deals for these parks? Could I possibly squeeze in SWO?

Any help would be well appreciated!

Always price shop between Undercover and the official websites. Don't buy tickets anywhere else. You COULD squeeze in SeaWorld, it's a great park, but if you're stuffing six parks in six days then you're already full IMHO.