Universal Orlando Resort Expansion News (Part 2) | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion News (Part 2)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing it's been talked about earlier in this thread, and potentially mapped out already (and I'm too lazy to go back through all 30+ pages), but does anyone have the proposed route that Universal would use to transport guests from the current resort location to where the new park is going? Is the thought that it would be Universal Boulevard down to Sand Lake Rd, then across and finally down through the expansion area?

I'm guessing it's been talked about earlier in this thread, and potentially mapped out already (and I'm too lazy to go back through all 30+ pages), but does anyone have the proposed route that Universal would use to transport guests from the current resort location to where the new park is going? Is the thought that it would be Universal Boulevard down to Sand Lake Rd, then across and finally down through the expansion area?

This shows the route from sand lake down https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/video/xpZDV3ZzE6M0-YTO73ryX8rsKrlWrI6s along Kirkman

However it's the part between sand lake and universal blvd that's in question. Although the land NW of the Kirkman/Sandlake ramps is undeveloped and borders the new hotel plots (old wet n wild parking lot). Universal doesn't own the land immediately along that small section of Carrier Dr. That would be the most obvious spot to link the resorts with a dedicated lane/transport system, although the trek over I drive and I-4 would also need some work. Universal owns all the land at the end of Precision Dr (see map below) That circled section would be a way to link the hotels and the new site with dedicated lanes (Assuming it would hook up straight to the new extension)

upload_2019-3-19_14-28-12.png

Reactions: TommyJK
This shows the route from sand lake down https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/video/xpZDV3ZzE6M0-YTO73ryX8rsKrlWrI6s along Kirkman

However it's the part between sand lake and universal blvd that's in question. Although the land NW of the Kirkman/Sandlake ramps is undeveloped and borders the new hotel plots (old wet n wild parking lot). Universal doesn't own the land immediately along that small section of Carrier Dr. That would be the most obvious spot to link the resorts with a dedicated lane/transport system, although the trek over I drive and I-4 would also need some work. Universal owns all the land at the end of Precision Dr (see map below) That circled section would be a way to link the hotels and the new site with dedicated lanes (Assuming it would hook up straight to the new extension)

View attachment 9148
If you look at the plans, the bus lanes are setup to connect with carrier. The bus lanes require a left turn onto Carrier going north, and there’s a lane for buses to turn right into the bus lanes in Carrier.

Reactions: natespf
I drove around the work site this morning, and it's impressive how much they've raised the land. Everything is literally about 3 feet higher than it was. I'm assuming this is to raise it all out of the flood plain along the creek. They're doing the same thing with Sand Lake Road, raising the whole thing several feet above the existing ground level.

Also, drove past the Universal Creative facility in South Park and it looks like they've REALLY ramped up! They now seem to have taken over the whole building they were in, and it looks like they may be expanding into neighboring buildings as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.