Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

That leak did say themed bathrooms in FW. So this is just testing. You’ll walk into the jungle theme DK bathroom smelling bananas. The wooden hut bathroom in Berk smelling of the sea. Then the troll village bathroom smelling of glitter farts.

What would a glitter fart smell like?

To bring everything back around on the restroom scents thing, this is clearly a move to push more F&B sales. Think of it like walking by the Main Street Bakery before Starbucks took over. They would pipe out scents of baked goods to make your mind think of food and then get you to stop in and buy something. Same basic thing is applied here. Themed scents are piped out and they all seem to have a food and/or drink theme to them based on what i've read.

Makes the bathrooms smell better, tricks the mind and increases sales. All are positives for Universal and this will likely be a very inexpensive thing to implement.

To bring everything back around on the restroom scents thing, this is clearly a move to push more F&B sales. Think of it like walking by the Main Street Bakery before Starbucks took over. They would pipe out scents of baked goods to make your mind think of food and then get you to stop in and buy something. Same basic thing is applied here. Themed scents are piped out and they all seem to have a food and/or drink theme to them based on what i've read.

Makes the bathrooms smell better, tricks the mind and increases sales. All are positives for Universal and this will likely be a very inexpensive thing to implement.

Yeah, if I was going to guess, they will just change the existing auto scent canisters to a new cartridge. Basically a zero cost "upgrade" as they would have had to buy canisters anyway.

I don’t think of food when I’m doing my business. Just sayin’. Lol

Yeah, if I was going to guess, they will just change the existing auto scent canisters to a new cartridge. Basically a zero cost "upgrade" as they would have had to buy canisters anyway.
Turns out they have actually replaced all the basic timer spray thingies with a computer controlled scent distribution system from this company: Experience the power of scenting! | PremiumScenting with AIRQ

There’s now computer boxes with a lock on them in every bathroom.

And cotton candy does seem to be the scent in Seuess. I’m still trying to find out the rest, and will be checking them out myself later next week too.