Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 132 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just wanted to say how much I enjoy reading this thread everyday. This year will be my first year to ever attend HHN. Looking forward to it after I have read so much how great it is. Then I find this thread and can't wait to read it every day as speculation continues to grow on the what the houses will be. Thanks again to all who post here.
We all wish we could attend for the first time again. I envy you.
There's no Alice connection in "madness."

What are speculating Hysteria to be, house-sitting?
Madness of Poe? PsychoScareapy? Eh I am just pulling hairs here.

Hysteria is in a Soundstage? (based on the speculation that its Stranger Things 2, although I think I saw other properties speculated for "Hysteria", but I believe ST2 was the most popular speculation), so I guess that means that Onyx is in a parade building according to @kingmantis' either/or and @Legacy's hints. And if we're looking at "Madness returns", then I'm assuming Hysteria (Stranger Things) will specifically be in SS22 once again? (If it ain't broke, don't fix it, I guess)

Last edited:
Could someone possibly explain or share with me all these "location rules". Such as the food codenames apparently cant touch? Where do these rules come from? What are some of these said rules?

Edit: Sorry to ask so many questions, but also: when was Shrek confirmed to house "Cotton"? I tried looking back but couldn't find the post on here stating that it was confirmed officially.

Last edited:
So I would assume that means that we will at least get an announcement then
Depends really, we usually get one right before, or right after. At the actual panel they usually announce a scarezone or something small going off the past couple years, could be different this year however.

I’m gonna bet that Pressure is Blumhouse. @kingmantis spec about Pressure being in a tent would bring up the possibility of it being in Tent 3, and “Pressure” would fit in with “Numb” and “Surprise” in terms of the Blumhouse codenames. Us is going to be a big hit for Universal and Jordan Peele has expressed interest in his properties at Universal, and then they can throw HDD2U or Ma in there so they can reuse sets

So I am probably 100% wrong, but what I am gathering from Legacy, is that Urban Legends: Sasquatch/Yeti is a thing. An existing original that is more of a spin-off/anthology entry. Again fairly certain I am totally and completely wrong.

Also I really hope for a Bigfoot/Yeti maze 'cause that would be scary. Like genuinely scary if they do can pull it off.

So I am probably 100% wrong, but what I am gathering from Legacy, is that Urban Legends: Sasquatch/Yeti is a thing. An existing original that is more of a spin-off/anthology entry. Again fairly certain I am totally and completely wrong.

Also I really hope for a Bigfoot/Yeti maze 'cause that would be scary. Like genuinely scary if they do can pull it off.
most people think bigfoot isn't that scary, but most people don't realize how tall it is. usual sightings says it's about 6'6 to 10 feet tall. now imagine a 10 foot tall bigfoot bum rushing towards your direction as it howls at you.

Reactions: truejonas and Darko
most people think bigfoot isn't that scary, but most people don't realize how tall it is. usual sightings says it's about 6'6 to 10 feet tall. now imagine a 10 foot tall bigfoot bum rushing towards your direction as it howls at you.

I uses to live a block away from the International Cryptozoology Museum in Portland, Maine. The inner, Loren Coleman (whose book is in Expedition Everest) has a seven foot, four hundred pound statue of Bigfoot, and a five minute rap on the differences between the statue and the real Bigfoot.

I don't know guys. I know we're all pretty comfortable slotting Stranger Things into the "Hysteria" slot, but there is another property out there that fits the codename really well, and has a very good chance to be used at HHN.

images

Last edited:
Could absolutely be reaching here, but on any fast food snack packaging, you end up with the sodium content being displayed on the back of of the package. Likewise, chicken sandwiches and such are usually wrapped with some type of wax paper or wrapper.

This might indicate Salt is one of the furthest to the back (i.e. one of the Parade buildings), and meanwhile Chicken is wrapped up (in a Tent).

As for the other clue, I would be tempted to say the returning house has already been all but confirmed to be ST2, so it would follow suit to assume Hysteria (speculated to be ST2 because of the absolute tizzy it inspired in fans of the show) is in the Soundstage (possibly the same from last year) and Onyx is in the Parade building.

Could someone possibly explain or share with me all these "location rules". Such as the food codenames apparently cant touch? Where do these rules come from? What are some of these said rules?

Edit: Sorry to ask so many questions, but also: when was Shrek confirmed to house "Cotton"? I tried looking back but couldn't find the post on here stating that it was confirmed officially.

It's from a bunch of different posts so I'll spoiler tag it to save room, but here's where I got all the rules from:
For the location clues, my guess is Pit is in one of the tents since those aren't big enough for Hill House, while Cotton is in Shrek, and would need to move if it really actually finally closes.

This one was my spec, but Legacy liked the post. Chances are, if you make a guess and he likes it, you got it right.

One more location clue:

"No food is found in the same sort of place."

I could see Aliens being Onyx before Pressure, based on locations.

I haven't gotten anything confirmed though.

Two of your locations are wrong.

I haven’t heard much this year, but I know I’ve heard NOTHING about an Alien house. I’d move that to the bottom of speculated IPs bin.

And... um...

My Family Guy clue (if legit) could probably be for Chicken.

No worries on the questions, the thread goes in fits and starts so it's easy to miss things once it really starts moving. That's why I like to try to do a longer post collecting all the current spec every once and a while. Once locations are locked down I'll work on going back and doing a list for the speculated house IPs/themes.

Reactions: Oakley
This one was my spec, but Legacy liked the post. Chances are, if you make a guess and he likes it, you got it right.
Depending on the conversation, and how long I want the conversation to go, this is generally true.

I will also reply to correct guesses that I think come "too early" or with incorrect logic and counter argue. (I've actually done it a couple of times already this year).

These boards are pointless if we're not having a conversation.

Last edited: