Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 404 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yup, ignoring it is the best way forward imho.

This is pretty high and mighty about IU’s and the fan community’s actual impact on the resort. Ignoring their huge new attraction is the best way forward to get the point across.

I disagree. Ignoring it works in the long run, but not as effective as a mob with torches and pitchforks. Not trying to overstate the IU opinions/fanbase impact at all, as general guests have a similar opinion on the ride as most of the people on the forum(which I'm positive isn't even close to a blip on Uni's radar.)

I think that I meant to quote this post.....sorry about that.

Since it's in regards to a convo from a few days ago, I'll include the other users involved as well.

Joe is right - but in a way, so are you.

WE do have a voice, and they do listen to a certain degree - but ultimately, if the ride is pulling in numbers, it silences the noise. For example, a lot of users on here are very vocal about Rockit and want it gone, yet the GP loves it and it has high wait times. Another way to look at it - Transformers 2. Many consider it to be one of the worst movies ever, dumber than a dumb popcorn flick. The majority complained about how bad it was.... yet it made over a billion dollars and we got 3 more movies from it.

Numbers are numbers. If you go ride Supercharged, regardless if you love it or hate it - it still means you came to ride it.

Reactions: truejonas and Clive
I still don't know why this was made into an attraction in orlando. Even people here at Universal hollywood hate this part of the tram tour. I mean Its better and more tolerable because its part of are tram tour, but still its so short and underwhelming.

I still don't know why this was made into an attraction in orlando. Even people here at Universal hollywood hate this part of the tram tour. I mean Its better and more tolerable because its part of are tram tour, but still its so short and underwhelming.
Somebody told somebody "build it" and they did. Kong was spec'ed for that spot first but when this came up F&F had great numbers but not for this ride. Same RVs but a poor execution of their capabilities. The film could always be changed to be less odious but a different franchise in the space would cleanse the ground IMO. We certainly didn't lobby for this....

It’s so bad that any time anybody says they like it, I’m convinced that they’re just looking for attention.

When Fallon went down and we were all sitting in our seats for 5+ minutes waiting for them to fix it, some guy said loudly," this is still better than fast and furious" - and EVERYBODY laughed uproariously. It's the crowd reaction that's the story here...

This was coming to Orlando long before it opened in Hollywood.
Disaster! didn't close until three months or so after F&F opened at USH and was received incredibly poorly. Just because something is planned to happen doesn't mean it should.

Instead of forging ahead with what they already knew was a terrible attraction, they should've taken a step back and re-evaluated. Why was it received poorly in Hollywood? What did guests like and what didn't they like? What were their expectations of a F&F attraction coming in? Those are all questions that should've been asked. It seems as if no one at Creative (or UPR as a whole) cares though since it's being cloned to Beijing.

Disaster! didn't close until three months or so after F&F opened at USH and was received incredibly poorly. Just because something is planned to happen doesn't mean it should.

Instead of forging ahead with what they already knew was a terrible attraction, they should've taken a step back and re-evaluated. Why was it received poorly in Hollywood? What did guests like and what didn't they like? What were their expectations of a F&F attraction coming in? Those are all questions that should've been asked. It seems as if no one at Creative (or UPR as a whole) cares though since it's being cloned to Beijing.
I doubt creative doesn’t care. It’s likely the executives pushing it forward. Remember the tongue and cheek signs in the queue about quality that were removed? That was definitely creative sticking it to the execs.
Yeah, seems that good business sense should have been to re evaluate. Unfortunately, all signs and rumors point to Executives outside of the theme park realm pushing for it in both parks. I'm still guessing they make substantial changes to the Beijing version since the public really turned against this attraction. One of the few in the theme park community that has supported this strongly at both Hollywood and Orlando is Robert Niles (Theme Park Insider). He still calls it one of the crown jewels of Universal Creative :yikes:. I guess that tells us something about his objectivity or tastes. :think:

Last edited:
I doubt creative doesn’t care. It’s likely the executives pushing it forward. Remember the tongue and cheek signs in the queue about quality that were removed? That was definitely creative sticking it to the execs.
That’s why I also mentioned UPR as a whole.

Yeah, seems that good business sense should have been to re evaluate. Unfortunately, all signs and rumors point to Executives outside of the theme park realm pushing for it in both parks. I'm still guessing they make substantial changes to the Beijing version since the public really turned against this attraction. One of the few in the theme park community that has supported this strongly at both Hollywood and Orlando is Robert Niles (Theme Park Insider). He still calls it one of the crown jewels of Universal Creative :yikes:. I guess that tells us something about his objectivity or tastes. :think:
I’m betting the only change is from English to Mandarin Chinese.

Reactions: tankart150
I see the removal of the films 3D in Orlando as evidence that someone thought they were fixing something something (and they probably made things worse).

So, in my opinion, someone was way off base with how to fix F&F before bringing it to Orlando.
It was a late in the game change, too. There is a room for the 3D glasses in the building and also themed signage referring to them.

Rumor from a couple of insiders has it that Woodbury made the late decision to cut 3D, to save money and divert it to other projects, since they knew at that point that the ride was a disaster.....That said, I believe I would prefer 3D be restored since the 360 scene seems so out of sync without it. As an example, I once took my 3D glasses off while riding through the Kong 360 scene to see what it would be like (and I love the Kong ride) , and the 360 scene was very underwhelming without 3D.

Last edited: