Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 405 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Unfortunately.

I actually feel like this attraction is a bigger offender of theme park land than FFL as most guests probably have a certain expectation of what the ride will be going in whereas FFL is just something people pop into for a break. They go in with no expectations, thus it's harder to be let down.

Supercharged a considerably bigger misfire than FFL, especially considering its (attempted) scope and what it replaced.

Unfortunately.

I actually feel like this attraction is a bigger offender of theme park land than FFL as most guests probably have a certain expectation of what the ride will be going in whereas FFL is just something people pop into for a break. They go in with no expectations, thus it's harder to be let down.
I would argue that FFL represents its original IP effectively...F&F misses the mark in that respect

I did ride it a few weeks ago, and I thought we could use some music once leaving the "garage" portion of the 360 room. Not saying loud enough to drown out all of the dialogue, but it would fill it in and, with the right beats, make it a bit more entertaining.

After hearing about the upcoming removal of 3D from Despicable Me, do we know how easy/difficult it would be to activate 3D on this ride as originally intended? I seem to remember this was covered briefly prior to opening but I would assume the projectors currently being used are capable of running the 3D version of the film without major upgrades or significant downtime needed. Maybe all of those expensive 3D glasses from Minion Mayhem can make their way over to F&F for a slight upgrade to the ride experience? I know insiders mentioned they were looking at ways to make this slightly less embarrassing and removing one of the two pre-shows, flipping on the 3-D, and maybe cranking up the existing motion base platforms so it doesn't just feel like you're on a vibrating bench are things that could in theory be done overnight. I'm surprised they don't just try something small like this while they work on a more long-term fix.