Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
HERE COMES JIMMY FALLON!

Please god no.

giphy.gif

This sounds great, I'm just a bit curious on if all of the animatronics are getting started from scratch.

If that's the case, that's great! Hopefully it isn't just Creature, but also LifeFormations (as they are also lending the hand for HMCMA).

Very exciting that we're starting to get official news about this.

I hope that Universal will learn something from USJ in the way of maintaining animatronics. I know there's a chance that this could work perfectly for 6-12 months and then things start to decline, but I hope with the improved tech, it won't be the case. So far, from everything we've seen, I'm impressed.

Sounds like a standard questionnaire for a business looking to see their customer base... Interesting would be: what type of ride would you see in the park within the next 10 years?

A: 4D ride
B: motion simulator that's interactive
C: rollercoaster
D: Studio Tour 2 the Electric Boogaloo
Not exactly that, but they did ask very specific questions more or less like that... they even loosely described on what will they be based on

"... and ground-breaking technology that has yet to be experienced within a theme park." Very interesting. I was not all that interested on the JW refurb, but now, they have my attention

"Encounters with such docile creatures … will quickly turn awry as predatory....Dilophosaurus begin to wreak havoc, turning guests from spectators to prey" I think its very interesting that they're keeping the Dilophosaurus, since they aren't in any of the Jurassic world films. I mean I guess they needed easy water gags.

Probably right re water gags, and not in the films but are supposed to be in the park so thematically it's correct:

Dilophosaurus was one of a large number of dinosaurs exhibited in Jurassic Park's successor, Jurassic World, which opened on Isla Nublar in 2004.
A dilophosaur appears at the end of the first Jurassic World film, sorta... It appears as a hologram in the lobby of the Innovation Center to scare the raptor.

It looks like boats might have started some public testing. Interestingly TPO didn’t cover this so this is interesting! (Boat is at 8:50)

I always appreciate anyone filming the parks :thumbsup:...But, just a little'constructive' criticism,if the photog is reading this, he really needs to slow his camera movement down. If you're prone to motion sickness, you could almost get it from watching this. Trying to say this in a nice way.

I always appreciate anyone filming the parks :thumbsup:...But, just a little'constructive' criticism,if the photog is reading this, he really needs to slow his camera movement down. If you're prone to motion sickness, you could almost get it from watching this. Trying to say this in a nice way.

He was hopped up on Red Bull and being groovy cool at the same time.;)

He mentioned in a previous video about a week or so ago that someone bumped into him while he was filming and knocked his camera/gimbal to the ground, damaging his gimbal. I guess he hasn't replaced it yet, but yea, it's definitely nauseating to watch especially when he zooms in.

Status
Not open for further replies.