Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 133 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It’s hard to think we’ll get another Halloween property this year as it’s been at the event at least twice over the past couple of years but with the success it had and the ongoing relationship with Blum it’s kind of a no brainer to bring to this year’s event. I wouldn’t be surprised nor would I be upset if 2018 Halloween is a house

Reactions: JunoSynth
Depending on the conversation, and how long I want the conversation to go, this is generally true.

I will also reply to correct guesses that I think come "too early" or with incorrect logic and counter argue. (I've actually done it a couple of times already this year).

These boards are pointless if we're no having a conversation.

LEGACY IS AN AGENT OF CHAOS GUYS

Reactions: johnathanm
I’m gonna bet that Pressure is Blumhouse. @kingmantis spec about Pressure being in a tent would bring up the possibility of it being in Tent 3, and “Pressure” would fit in with “Numb” and “Surprise” in terms of the Blumhouse codenames. Us is going to be a big hit for Universal and Jordan Peele has expressed interest in his properties at Universal, and then they can throw HDD2U or Ma in there so they can reuse sets

US isn't a Blumhouse Production. It's a Monkeypaw Production distributed by Universal with Jason Blum credited as a producer. When you go see it there's no Blumhouse title card.

Just got out of seeing 'Us'. Absolutely brilliant film. I would say it was better than Get Out and I am excited for whatever else Peele does.
On the topic of HHN I think it could stand alone as a house by itself, and would prefer that over a mixed Blumhouse house.

US isn't a Blumhouse Production. It's a Monkeypaw Production distributed by Universal with Jason Blum credited as a producer. When you go see it there's no Blumhouse title card.

Blumhouse is listed as a production company on the Wikipedia article about Us along with Monkeypaw. Either way it’s Universal distributed so rights wouldn’t be too hard to get unless Monkeypaw says no

I would hate Universal for bringing back Halloween again. It’s been done a ton and just done last year.

AGREED!!!
The same thing was said about Purge and TWD and yet it came and you still “love” Universal as much as before. Nothing’s changed, what they announce they announce. If the GP loves it(as they love Micheal) Universal will keep briging it(we saw the with Purge and TWD).

Blumhouse produced on some level, even if the Blumhouse logo crawl isn't in front of the movie. There's all sorts of vanity negotiations over these sorts of things.

That might mean Peele/Monkeypaw doesn't want it to be grouped into a Horrors of Blumhouse attraction, though.

Reactions: truejonas
The same thing was said about Purge and TWD and yet it came and you still “love” Universal as much as before. Nothing’s changed, what they announce they announce. If the GP loves it(as they love Micheal) Universal will keep briging it(we saw the with Purge and TWD).
I hated them bringing those back too. Michael is worse for me also. It’s just the same guy in a white mask popping out with a knife. Makes it that much worse.

Reactions: truejonas

Yep. And given how low they are on IPs, I’m pretty confident H5 and H6 (the last two they’re allowed to use) will appear—heck, maybe a mashup as well.

Reactions: Darko
I've seen a few folks mention Peele being open to the idea of his properties showing up at Universal Studios... I was wondering where people were getting that info?

I watched Us last night and loved it-- not sure how a doppelganger story would translate into a house, but it certainly would be cool if they could pull it off!

Reactions: truejonas and jrn14
I've seen a few folks mention Peele being open to the idea of his properties showing up at Universal Studios... I was wondering where people were getting that info?

I watched Us last night and loved it-- not sure how a doppelganger story would translate into a house, but it certainly would be cool if they could pull it off!

Jordan Peele’s All-American Nightmares – Rolling Stone

He talks in it about wanting to pitch a Get Out ride, which, while it doesn’t necessarily doesn’t mean a maze; means he’s at least interested in bringing something to a theme park

While Us was produced by Jason Blum (alongside Peele, Ian Cooper, and Sean McKittrick); it was not produced from Blumhouse productions.

Think of it, almost as if one helping another (but in this case, Ian and Sean included); but not produced by a large group.

Not seeing Us until Monday, but I do think it could make sense for Peele to of had some discussions with Universal. Particularly, with Blum and Murdy included.

Reactions: RevFreako