Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

But since S2 didn't have the demogorgon, but those demodogs instead, won't it rely mostly on puppets?
The way i see it is, as long as they can make some good scares out of them it'll be fine. The main problem i had with last years maze wasnt that they relied on the demogorgon, but that the scares in there were extremely predictable and most of them were super far away from where you would be walking. Also this is just an aside, but i think that the demogorgon costume last year was pretty bad, so at least if they use puppets they can make them look a lot better.

The way i see it is, as long as they can make some good scares out of them it'll be fine. The main problem i had with last years maze wasnt that they relied on the demogorgon, but that the scares in there were extremely predictable and most of them were super far away from where you would be walking. Also this is just an aside, but i think that the demogorgon costume last year was pretty bad, so at least if they use puppets they can make them look a lot better.
I feel like the reason the scares were placed as they were was because the designers knew Stranger Things would bring in a lot of newcomers to the event of a wide variety of age ranges, so I feel like they designed it as something of a beginner friendly maze, and I wouldn't be too surprised if this years is designed similarly.

I feel like the reason the scares were placed as they were was because the designers knew Stranger Things would bring in a lot of newcomers to the event of a wide variety of age ranges, so I feel like they designed it as something of a beginner friendly maze, and I wouldn't be too surprised if this years is designed similarly.

Or, the Demagorgon suits were cumbersome and there's only so much mobility they could realistically achieve... which lead to telegraphed/obvious scares.

From what I have heard they didn't even get approval to put the Kids scare actors into the maze until pretty last minute, the did have Demogorgons though but none of the kids, just like Hollywood, so I think part of the issue may have been that the maze wasn't designed for those scare actors (the kids) to be there originally and the plan was to use mannequins. This year, since I will assume they plan their casting to include all the kids with the success of last year the maze, the maze this year will be designed more for scares. I am super curious what they do with the dogs, the Mindflayer, and if they end up doing anything with the vines in the tunnels.

From what I have heard they didn't even get approval to put the Kids scare actors into the maze until pretty last minute, the did have Demogorgons though but none of the kids, just like Hollywood, so I think part of the issue may have been that the maze wasn't designed for those scare actors (the kids) to be there originally and the plan was to use mannequins. This year, since I will assume they plan their casting to include all the kids with the success of last year the maze, the maze this year will be designed more for scares. I am super curious what they do with the dogs, the Mindflayer, and if they end up doing anything with the vines in the tunnels.

Would the presence of the kids have made the maze inherently scarier? The Demagorgon is the scariest part of Season 1, bar none. There was no concerted effort to tame it down... it was just a showy maze.

Would the presence of the kids have made the maze inherently scarier? The Demagorgon is the scariest part of Season 1, bar none. There was no concerted effort to tame it down... it was just a showy maze.

I guess that depends on the guests themselves. I remember hearing from people who attended Orlando's event, as well as seeing comments on the videos of Orlando's Stranger Thing walk-through and how many people appreciated including non-scare actors, like the kids, as they claimed it made the environment feel more immersive to the show's tone. To each their own honestly though.

I guess that depends on the guests themselves. I remember hearing from people who attended Orlando's event, as well as seeing comments on the videos of Orlando's Stranger Thing walk-through and how many people appreciated including non-scare actors, like the kids, as they claimed it made the environment feel more immersive to the show's tone. To each their own honestly though.

That's not what was originally being discussed, though. I don't think anyone's really arguing the appearance of the kids would make the maze scarier, only more immersive/authentic - which, yes, fair enough. But the maze wasn't "toned down" for the audience. It had the same scare design philosophy (minus accommodations for the Demagorgons) as any other maze that year.

Just from that trailer, if they can pull off the mall and that creature in a maze, they've got no excuse to not do The Thing or Dawn of the Dead in the future
My first thought after seeing the monster was how they would pull that off in a maze, so many moving things and its massive. lets just hope they do the thing this year as a test run. (even though they wont)

If Us doesn’t come this year it’ll be a crime. Just finished watching it and it could easily fill up either it’s own maze or half of a Horrors of Blumhouse
US is a good movie and could make a good maze. Yet we all said IT and Conjuring has to come but it didn’t, WB got in the way of that. Yes, US isn’t WB but it still doesn’t have to come. Nothing has to come. HHN can surprise us.

If Us doesn’t come this year it’ll be a crime. Just finished watching it and it could easily fill up either it’s own maze or half of a Horrors of Blumhouse

I really hope that it's its own maze, at least here in Hollywood. Let Ma and HDD2 or whatever Blumhouse is releasing in June and October fill out HoB, like how there was First Purge and HoB2 last year; there's just too much content in Us.

I really hope that it's its own maze, at least here in Hollywood. Let Ma and HDD2 or whatever Blumhouse is releasing in June and October fill out HoB, like how there was First Purge and HoB2 last year; there's just too much content in Us.
Agreed but US is to big of an IP to bring to just one HHN IMO

I just saw us, and wow. There is so much content for a maze. Also dont mind the second spoiler tag.
You could enter through the family house and go through the living room, have a scare by abraham with his baseball bat. Enter into a closet, and have a unmasked pluto as a scare. Enter into another facade to the tylers house, with tex as a scare. Enter into the foyer, with lo and nix as scares. The bedroom would have Dahlia cutting her face open. Have a small outdoor area with a car scare. You can also have a small town section with a pluto dummy, and red popping out from between a dumpster. You can then have a mirror maze transition into the lab, with that hallway with all of those rabbits. You can have a small room with Adelaides and reds fight, but that`ll might be to difficult to translate into a maze. Then you can end it with all of those clones holding hands, of course some will jump out to scare.

Last edited:
With Monsterpalooza coming up I have one question.
Do they normally do announcements before or at Monsterpalooza?

With Monsterpalooza coming up I have one question.
Do they normally do announcements before or at Monsterpalooza?
They started announcements/hints in 2016.

They hinted the Exorcist at Monsterpalooza saying there will be a Maze with a lot of black out Performers in 2016 and then a few days later boom Exorcist announced.

2017 Orlando had announced AHS with 3 seasons a few weeks prior to the panel and so there was a accidental leak about Hollywood having AHS so they announced AHS at the panel but not giving any details on it other than it's coming where they then announced details on it in June.

2018 they had announced ST 2 weeks (I believe) before the Panel and at the Panel they announced that it will be in SS29 and that Holidayz in Hell will be the Gauntlet.

They typically talk about already announced mazes/things at Panels or when they are announcing at Panels it is always usually exclusive.

With the speculation about Suspiria that would be a good one to announce at the panel since it would likely be an exclusive, but if not ST2 could get announced this week and then discussed at the panel