Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your never going to beat Disney at their own game. It’ll never happen. No one has ever beat Disney in the Theme Park game in anything. Glares at Harry Potter.....:thumbsup:

That’s exactly my point...UOR “beat” Disney by appealing to a demographic they hadn’t. Going toe to toe will be much more difficult. I’m not saying it couldn’t Happen, but its unlikely. Magic kingdom still crushes IOA in attendance, regardless of Potter. So it’s not even a good arguement in the first place.

That’s exactly my point...UOR “beat” Disney by appealing to a demographic they hadn’t. Going toe to toe will be much more difficult. I’m not saying it couldn’t Happen, but its unlikely. Magic kingdom still crushes IOA in attendance, regardless of Potter. So it’s not even a good arguement in the first place.
Ok, so Imagine if IOA had some rides that were accessible to more people (on top of it’s existing rides and appeal). Not just little kids, but the older demographic as well. The park could easily increase their attendance by millions by putting a Spongebob themed area + another IP, for example.

Ok, so Imagine if IOA had some rides that were accessible to more people (on top of it’s existing rides and appeal). Not just little kids, but the older demographic as well. The park could easily increase their attendance by millions by putting a Spongebob themed area + another IP, for example.

Well yeah and Magic Kingdom can do other stuff to round out too but they're not. This is just some hypothetical, off topic, pointless circular discussions? If we want to talk about what ifs lets go to the 4th Park Blue Sky thread.

Anyway :topic:

I agree that it’s off topic, and had let it go until someone notable quoted me. Just needed to defend my original comment. Please move along.

This ride will blow people’s minds. There isn’t anything close to this in Florida, and no coaster this well themed to a popular IP anywhere else...it will be a huge hit.

I agree that it’s off topic, and had let it go until someone notable quoted me. Just needed to defend my original comment. Please move along.

This ride will blow people’s minds. There isn’t anything close to this in Florida, and no coaster this well themed to a popular IP anywhere else...it will be a huge hit.
I feel like it has a chance to be the best ride at the resort.

Sorry to bring this up again but it's not an all or nothing proposition. Disney has a couple thrill attractions in each park but Universal is still king of thrill. Universal needs to have more for young kids, but Disney would still be king. It's about being better rounded, not changing focus. Universal doesn't need to go head to head with Disney on this, but they already have families coming that happen to have little kids too.

Edit to hopefully help clarify my point. It's not to attract people who prefer Disney anyway, rather reduce the detraction for families who want to go to Universal. You know what I mean, a family can't drop their 5yo off at Disney when everyone else wants to go to Universal instead.

Last edited:
Not sure why people compare Disney and Universal so much - they're completely different companies that do things in very different ways.

However I think Islands is the only one they have that is even slightly comparable. They need some more dark rides, for sure though.

I'm super excited for this ride - although i'm visiting at the end of May and we leave 3 days before this ride is due to open. Praying for soft openings.

Not sure why people compare Disney and Universal so much - they're completely different companies that do things in very different ways.

However I think Islands is the only one they have that is even slightly comparable. They need some more dark rides, for sure though.

I'm super excited for this ride - although i'm visiting at the end of May and we leave 3 days before this ride is due to open. Praying for soft openings.
Oh my gosh thank you it’s get so annoying with the competition type posts like is everything a response to something the other does.

Status
Not open for further replies.