Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Busbar basically means it's on a track, and that track powers the vehicles. It's a pretty broad term, so I wouldn't read *too* much into the ride using a busbar.

When talking about a busbar they usually mean the vehicles are dumb and just run until power is interrupted, like the DL Fantasyland dark rides. I think this will be smarter than that but nothing crazy like RSR.

I thought the plans were something similar to RSR where it's not as fast so that it can sway/drift side to side.

I just want to experience that Rainbow Road scene already. :grin:

I thought the plans were something similar to RSR where it's not as fast so that it can sway/drift side to side.

I just want to experience that Rainbow Road scene already. :grin:

RSR is a very specific type of ride system with unique features and challenges. A similar style ride could feature similar features and not be an exact duplicate.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
When talking about a busbar they usually mean the vehicles are dumb and just run until power is interrupted, like the DL Fantasyland dark rides. I think this will be smarter than that but nothing crazy like RSR.
at forbidden journey the ride once went down because a moth got onto the busbar. no joke. hahah

From JPLand..

It's interesting to see the ground being layered like that. Almost like they want to get a solid base set-up for a good portion of this.

They layer the dirt like that because they have to achieve certain levels of compaction according to blueprints that is constantly monitored. I spent some time doing just that not a very glamorous job but the tool used was pretty cool. It used nuclear radiation tipped probes that we insert into the ground.

Similar to this:

Reactions: fryoj and Jamesh22
I suspect this will get finished around 2022 or early 2023.
Depends on how quickly construction moves after JWRA opens... and PETS... and whatever else USH decides to surprise us with.

Remember, USH is going to be (hopefully) using everything they can think of to distract people's attention away from Disney's SW, Pixar & Marvel additions

I suspect this will get finished around 2022 or early 2023.

It'll be much, much earlier than that. Universal has the mindset of opening things ASAP right now. Both JW and SLOP seemingly being fast-tracked. I'm getting the same vibes from Nintendo.

Here's a question that a friend thought up to me. What if Universal opened SNW in phases like Galaxy's Edge and Marvel Land. Meaning Mushroom Kingdom and Mario Kart in Phase 1, then Donkey Kong or whatever else they want for a 2nd attraction in Phase 2. I think this way we could see an early 2021 opening date for Phase 1 (since it's smaller than Japan's), and late 2021 or 2022 for whatever possible 2nd attraction? (if we get one)