Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld Orlando's Sesame Street

I think this new Mack coaster will tip the scales a bit....I hadn't been there in years and the one two punch of Mako, Infinity, Sesame and now the new coaster will really bring Sea World back to a "must visit"

After that they can retrack Kraken haha

SeaWorld are in a sweet spot just now. As Disney and Universal grow and become more expensive, doing both resorts becomes either too expensive or there’s not enough time for both. SeaWorld is the perfect size for an additional day or two outside of those bubbles and the higher thrill level and now this that will attract families, caters to both demographics at the perfect price point.

Are there going to be any of the characters on the streets? Will there be an Oscar puppet that pops out of the trash can and talks to kids... kind of a mystic fountain type thing?
There are character photo ops with Cookie Monster and Elmo inside (and huge lines for them), and all the other characters appear on the streets for meet and greets periodically when the parade isn't running.

It’s a vast improvement over the previous area. Lots of fun interactive things for kids to find (even if you don’t buy the interactive bubble wand). But it is lacking in play areas for older kids now. The big nets are gone and while there’s a small playground and splash pad, there’s less for kids a little older to do.

The parade is a fun dance party distraction for little kids though. And I’m glad they actually added some good food over there so I can grab a hot sandwich when I’m walking by now.

SeaWorld are in a sweet spot just now. As Disney and Universal grow and become more expensive, doing both resorts becomes either too expensive or there’s not enough time for both. SeaWorld is the perfect size for an additional day or two outside of those bubbles and the higher thrill level and now this that will attract families, caters to both demographics at the perfect price point.

Great point. A year ago I thought Fantastic Worlds was gonna destroy SW but never really considered how expensive it will be for people to visit both WDW + UO in one trip.

Great point. A year ago I thought Fantastic Worlds was gonna destroy SW but never really considered how expensive it will be for people to visit both WDW + UO in one trip.

The competition was never going to "kill" SeaWorld, but more the competition got better at the worst possible time for them. Blackfish came at a time where Disney and Universal were opening major additions (Diagon, FLE, Avatar, VB, etc). It was a tough climb, but they seemingly made it out for the better. There will always be a spot for SeaWorld.

The competition was never going to "kill" SeaWorld, but more the competition got better at the worst possible time for them. Blackfish came at a time where Disney and Universal were opening major additions (Diagon, FLE, Avatar, VB, etc). It was a tough climb, but they seemingly made it out for the better. There will always be a spot for SeaWorld.
Especially as they double down on interesting rides and concepts (i.e. Infitiny Falls, Mako, etc)...There is nothing wrong with Sea World and Busch's forumal of wildlife and wild rides....They just need to start investing in more attractions and focus less on the whales

I used to think that SeaWorld was inevitably going to die because they couldn't keep up with Disney + Universal.

I think Sesame Street has convinced me that SeaWorld has found its niche and isn't going anywhere. This land looks amazing.

I used to think that SeaWorld was inevitably going to die because they couldn't keep up with Disney + Universal.

I think Sesame Street has convinced me that SeaWorld has found its niche and isn't going anywhere. This land looks amazing.
SeaWorld's niche is still in being a park that attracts locals for the most part. Sesame Street is just going to help draw in others that may not have considered before. Mostly those with young kids.