Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fencing is clearly just for safety during construction.

IMG-20190324-122742-2.jpg
Yea, it’s right up against the track at the last launch out of drop building, in front of the trees, so must be temporary. Looks like rent-a-fence to me.

:eek:O:

Sooo..do you, or do you not count the large amounts of exterior track that aren't covered by brakes or stops?

In all seriousness, love everything coming in from the aerials (outside of the fencing, which I hope is just for the short-term).
I’m hoping the vast sea of concrete around the tracks is also addressed. Just putting out a few hundred bags of mulch would work fine.

This is going to be like gingotts in that it stops often and doesn’t let it be a coaster. Right after the track drop, it pretty much just makes an “s” curve than back to a straight track. You’re all pumped up after the launch and it’s over.

I have a different take on this, but it's still relevant to this post. I'm a little disappointed that this coaster doesn't seem to have any standout moments on the actual coaster sections. The theming is fantastic, the special sections look great, but it's missing a major coaster element. There's no big drops, big air time moments, no unique features. Fury 325 has its drop and treble clef, Lightning Rod has its triple-down, Steel Vengance has its monster drop, even Twisted Cyclone has its turnaround and wave turn. The coaster elements here are pretty standard.

Again, it's still going to be a fantastic ride (especially at night) but there should have been a little more substance in the coaster portions.

I have a different take on this, but it's still relevant to this post. I'm a little disappointed that this coaster doesn't seem to have any standout moments on the actual coaster sections. The theming is fantastic, the special sections look great, but it's missing a major coaster element. There's no big drops, big air time moments, no unique features. Fury 325 has its drop and treble clef, Lightning Rod has its triple-down, Steel Vengance has its monster drop, even Twisted Cyclone has its turnaround and wave turn. The coaster elements here are pretty standard.

Again, it's still going to be a fantastic ride (especially at night) but there should have been a little more substance in the coaster portions.
Not really sure you can even remotely compare those coasters and this. Those are unthemed steel thrill coasters. This is none of that.

I really think the only time it has a full stop is in the snare building....I expect it to go rolling through the Scroot show scene and same with the Spike

Either way the fact that this has AAs and non 3D relient effects already puts it lightyears ahead of Gringotts
Can people stop @hiting on Gringotts so much it’s getting ridiculous. Yes it’s a screen ride with some coaster effects but it doesn’t deserve the constant bashing.

Can people stop @hiting on Gringotts so much it’s getting ridiculous. Yes it’s a screen ride with some coaster effects but it doesn’t deserve the constant bashing.
Agreed best overall attraction between facade, que, pre shows, and ride. I mean really it is the dynamic attractions SFX coaster before the SFX coaster existed. Really still is and it’s an Intamin which people think has problems yet how’s that SFX coaster running at Ferrari World. Revenge of the Mummy is my number 1 for ride experience only then Gringotts, ET, and MIB:Alien Attack

I think Gringotts falls a bit flat in the pacing department, but that doesn't mean I'm bashing it...I ride it everytime I go, and I go once a month haha

Im not sure you can really compare any of those coasters to this though they are entirely different, and I think we can all agree nobody has done what universal has done to this coaster. Comparing Twisted Cyclone to this is like comparing a hand glider to an A380.

Also it’s not open yet how much judgement can we have on something nobody has even rode yet :lol:.

I think the launch through the ruins, the spike and the final launch are going to be the standout moments. The final launch looks like it will pack a surprising punch. I think it will be like the backwards section on Everest, it always catches me off guard.

Best part of the coaster will be all the twisties. Reminds me of I305. If this has decent speed though them you get this weird lateral floater air.

I think Gringotts falls a bit flat in the pacing department, but that doesn't mean I'm bashing it...I ride it everytime I go, and I go once a month haha

I'm just not overly impressed by it. Feels overly tame and restrained, also short--and yes, way too many screenz. See, while FJ uses them, it balances it out with practical effects and an amazing ride system.

The queue, however--along with the rest of Diagon--is a marvel. Yes, I'm aware JttCotE did it first, but the "elevator" is incredible.

Its not supposed to be a thrill-a-minute coaster. Thematically its closest relative would probably be Matterhorn (which also is themed, has no real air time or unique features).

I'm just not overly impressed by it. Feels overly tame and restrained, also short--and yes, way too many screenz. See, while FJ uses them, it balances it out with practical effects and an amazing ride system.

The queue, however--along with the rest of Diagon--is a marvel. Yes, I'm aware JttCotE did it first, but the "elevator" is incredible.
Unless I am mistake the JttCoE elevator uses the effect the rebel ship will have in SW:GE. You enter and exit through the same door giving a much better illusion though

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.