Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)

All these years of drinking has gave me a ridiculously sized bladder. My body is ready.

No doubt. That and my dad on road trips handing me an old 20 oz bottle and making me go in there instead of pulling over.

Me in the movie theater: "Don't look at me!" :stun:

No doubt. That and my dad on road trips handing me an old 20 oz bottle and making me go in there instead of pulling over.

Me in the movie theater: "Don't look at me!" :stun:

In a similar train of thought, a friend of mine, his ten year old son, and me went to a college football game. We asked him before left if he needed to go. "Nope", he replied. We got in the car and were stuck trying to exit the lot. He suddenly announced that he really had to go and couldn't wait. After some concern, we gave him one of our souvenir cups to utilize and my friend made sure that my car stayed unscathed. We pulled a Groot and dumped the contents out of the car and I was a little mortified. When I dropped them off, my friend asked me if I wanted the souvenir cup and swore that a good washing would eliminate any issues. Not surprisingly, I declined.

So, when in the theater, I would recommend saving the big cup that you just finished instead of a 20 oz bottle.

I think you're misremembering, or the theater you were at inserted it themselves. Theatrically it did not have an intermission built in
A lot of European theaters insert an intermission (or the distributors ship a special version). Sometimes Europe gets a whole different experience - for example the live-action "Beauty and the Beast" had an overture (which is on the blu ray); the expanded "Dances With Wolves" had a built-in intermission overseas while it did not here (Its on the laserdisc, but not the blu ray)....

Think about 15 minutes of previews prior to movie start + 3 hour run time and whoever goes to that showing won't get out of the theater until 5:30am at the EARLIEST :lol:
Add in staying for the 20 mins of credits for the sweet sweet end credits scene.

A lot of the theaters, are seemingly going to be just like the AMC Universal City; and that's mind boggling.

I remember when I saw TDKR at 8 AM, which is still the earliest that I saw a film in a theater; and yet here we are to where Preview Night is reaching an insane amount for over midnight showtimes.

This film, is going to make money. A lot, of freaking money. I am almost wondering if combined, Opening Weekend could have the chance to go nearly to the billion.

Add in staying for the 20 mins of credits for the sweet sweet end credits scene.
I believe credits are included in run times (which is supposedly 3 hours and 2 minutes according to AMC and Fandango).

A lot of the theaters, are seemingly going to be just like the AMC Universal City; and that's mind boggling.

I remember when I saw TDKR at 8 AM, which is still the earliest that I saw a film in a theater; and yet here we are to where Preview Night is reaching an insane amount for over midnight showtimes.

This film, is going to make money. A lot, of freaking money. I am almost wondering if combined, Opening Weekend could have the chance to go nearly to the billion.
This is the blockbuster of all bluckbusters. The culmination of this chapter of the MCU. Very few films have ever been as big of a worldwide event as this one will be. I'd say the only films that come close are Infinity War and Avatar. Avatar had strong legs though - it wasn't a cultural phenomenon until after it was released. People have been amped to see this movie since the second Infinity War ended last year.

I think movie theaters would be crazy not to try and get as many showings as possible, especially with the movie running long. The longer the movie means that there's less amount of times it can be shown per day per screen.

Last edited:
This is the blockbuster of all bluckbusters. The culmination of this chapter of the MCU. Very few films have ever been as big of a worldwide event as this one will be. I'd say the only films that come close are Infinity War and Avatar.

I know you put the "worldwide" qualifier in there, but at least domestically, I think BATMAN '89, THE PHANTOM MENACE, and THE FORCE AWAKENS deserve to be in the conversation in terms of (pre-release, anyway) hype.

In any case, ENDGAME is in very select company.

The Force Awakens says hi. This is approaching TFA, but I don't think it'll reach that level of buzz, And it certainly won't hit its numbers domestically. That was a phenomenon.

THE FORCE AWAKENS, like AVATAR (and TITANIC before them), had the benefit of playing through January and February with little competition. ENDGAME is kicking off a crowded summer. It will still be giant, but I think $7oom domestically is roughly its top.

Worldwide it should certainly at least match INFINITY WAR (if it's good).

Domestically, I’d put Black Panther in the conversation. But it didn’t land quite as large overseas as some other films (although it still did good numbers).

Either way, we’re talking about a very select amount of films that can generate this hype.

Hell, SW9 comes out this year and it seems like no one seems to care because of how the mixed reactions of The Last Jedi and Solo have hurt the current era of films (and those that hate this trilogy because it has a female lead...)

Domestically, I’d put Black Panther in the conversation. But it didn’t land quite as large overseas as some other films (although it still did good numbers).

Either way, we’re talking about a very select amount of films that can generate this hype.

Hell, SW9 comes out this year and it seems like no one seems to care because of how the mixed reactions of The Last Jedi and Solo have hurt the current era of films (and those that hate this trilogy because it has a female lead...)

I think Star Wars hype will start to kick in after Avengers and they start dropping trailers. I agree though, it will not be near as big as the previous films. It'll still do $500+ million. Just how much over will be up to how Abrams can wrap things up and fix the problems from TLJ.