What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly looking at the layout, I'm quite worried the coaster won't have too much theming, instead just being a coaster with vague references to the IP like Hulk. Which it kinda hurts seeing Potter get "The most detailed and themed coaster at Universal" while JP's doesn't get anywhere near the amount of love or attention.

I go on hulk every 3 months multiple times, rockin roller coaster tore me up last week when riding for the 1st time in years. I honestly have never had a headache on hulk but a looot of people say it so idk:shrug:

Hulk is a good ride, but aside from the awesome queue the only theming is that it's painted green. Universal can do better with their coasters and I'm really hoping JP gets a little something more than that.

Also I'm a little worried that all the foliage being removed and all the new noise might cut into the immersion of the area. But I'm always an anxious pessimist.

Hulk is a good ride, but aside from the awesome queue the only theming is that it's painted green. Universal can do better with their coasters and I'm really hoping JP gets a little something more than that.

Also I'm a little worried that all the foliage being removed and all the new noise might cut into the immersion of the area. But I'm always an anxious pessimist.

It will get a lot more theming than Hulk. It'll be fine.

I never had the issue with DC, but man oh man is Hulk bad. They really should have redesigned the entire coaster when they demolished it.
I swear they put new bodies on an old chassis for the B&M to be that rough. No new B&M I have ever been on had been that bad. (Hell, even Kumba is smoother and is ages older...)

The only way I can explain it is if different trains have different smoothness. The last 2 times I was on it it kicked the crap out of me.

Seriously, what is up with the coaster? My first time riding after the redo was awful, he felt far worse than before. Riding it last year and it was fine.

Are they running two trains, one Hulk and one Bruce Banner and not telling people?

I swear they put new bodies on an old chassis for the B&M to be that rough. No new B&M I have ever been on had been that bad. (Hell, even Kumba is smoother and is ages older...)

This doesn't excuse the new roughness but I think that Hulk probably had the most run throughs of any B&M coaster in the world before it got demolished.

Intamins are way quieter than B&Ms...Depending on what kind of launch they use, all you will hear are screams

I also think rock work and new landscaping is in our future

Really hoping for AA raptors tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.