CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread | Page 49 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Down in Hunters Creek/South Chase...the hole in the wall theater there has luxury recliners, love seats, and even beds in some auditoriums. Not to mention a full bar and a decent food selection, and 5 buck tickets on Tuesdays.

I know the theater at City Walk will always be an after thought for park goers, but I think for an establishment like this, we need something on par with South Korean theaters.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Down in Hunters Creek/South Chase...the hole in the wall theater there has luxury recliners, love seats, and even beds in some auditoriums. Not to mention a full bar and a decent food selection, and 5 buck tickets on Tuesdays.

I know the theater at City Walk will always be an after thought for park goers, but I think for an establishment like this, we need something on par with South Korean theaters.
The US is slowly starting to catch up to the South Korean standard.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush

Yeah, the landscape has changed quite interestingly when it comes to movie theaters. Hell, I have theaters in my town starting to embrace even larger establishment's when it comes to things like food and drinks (we ain't at sound and projections yet, but it's a process).

And if what I experienced in Thanksgiving is an indicator..then I imagine we're at a point of change in the coming years; embracing more in technology in a theater.

I am interested to see how Cinemark and Universal work together, in marketing the theater for not just movie goers of the region..but those who do want to see films that are from international territories.

As someone who goes to South Korean movie theatres regularly, in citywalk's defense, there are huge differences in the purpose and services provided. People are on vacation unless a huge blockbuster is out or bad weather its more likely people will be in the park than the cinema, so the level of upgrades needed at least in my view is much lower.

Its cost prohibitive to do the really awesome things Korean cinemas do but I guess they will get to a level somewhat of quality.

All of these extras are nice add ons. But they don't come close to the true movie experience of the ornate, beautiful, classic opera like theaters with the super wide (like T2) Cinematic screens we were able to enjoy in the 50's and 60's. The FILM experience, which is the most important, was just fantastic back then. I love the seats, restaurants, and other novelties that they introduce now, but they fall short of that experience of watching film in those palaces. One screen, one theater, in an area back then that sat 1,500 to 2,500 people, that they squeeze a zillion screens in today.

Speaking to the zillion screens vs 1 screen, at this rate eventually theaters will just be a bunch of salvaged boeing 737s in a room where everyone gets their own screen to watch. Hah

Larger screens are always going to be a spectacle that has my attention, but that thinking is not as common for others as it once was.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Speaking to the zillion screens vs 1 screen, at this rate eventually theaters will just be a bunch of salvaged boeing 737s in a room where everyone gets their own screen to watch. Hah

Larger screens are always going to be a spectacle that has my attention, but that thinking is not as common for others as it once was.

I'm gonna disagree here. The evolution of the cinema isn't necessary individual screens but rather private theatres with concierge services.
Why watch a Avengers Endgame opening day with 649 people when you can watch it with you and 7 others of your personal choosing on a mini imax screen relaxing in massaging recliner chairs?
17951920_10210891426540206_9033412403300186874_n.jpg

Or why not just get a private box for you and your friends to watch and talk during the film without disturbing others.
image.jpg

Of course I doubt Universal will go into this for a citywalk theatre because as I stated early, its cost prohibitive for the purpose that the people are attending that theatre.

Reactions: Journey_On
So I know most people don’t go to a resort parks thinking of watching a movie but crazy story is that I actually watched Jurassic Park 3 in downtown Disney while on a family vacation at the Disneyland Resort. Looking back it may seem strange but that was the kind of teenager I was. So there is an audience be it niche to attract. Movie freaks will always find a way. Sorry just felt like sharing a story of my movie addicted teenage years lol. Carry on!

Why watch a Avengers Endgame opening day with 649 people when you can watch it with you and 7 others of your personal choosing on a mini imax screen relaxing in massaging recliner chairs?
Because that's part of the opening day experience. If i'm seeing a movie opening day, i'm seeing it with a crap ton of people so I can hear all the reactions.

While i'll admit that theater is in a bad area, I still love going there for the cheap movie tickets and now especially with these recliners.
Not gonna lie, I'm there just about every week, but ONLY in the daytime. Safety first!! :thumbsup:

Reactions: Nick