Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

How long will The Simpsons Ride last?

How long will the Simpsons Ride last?

• Total voters
I haven't been to universal since the 90's but bttf is my favorite ride of all time. Great classic movie everybody should have seen and ride done perfectly. It was magical and seemed real. There was one drop during it that was really great. Whoever got rid of it was an idiot. Taking my family in October and was glad to read that Simpson's ride was the same thing as bttf was but reading posts here it seems the ride doesn't move exactly the same as it did :(

Love BTTF, but the whole Springfield area is such a massive upgrade over what it was before. Give it to the contract is up and replace it with a Dreamworks/Illumination/Nintendo property and move on.
100% agree. Springfield itself is great, and the area stays busy. But replacing it with Illumination (whilst moving/upgrading despicable me) in 10 years seems too perfect at the moment - even though a lot can happen in 10 years.

Wouldn't go over well in their Family oriented parks. Tooooo controversial for Disney's tastes.
I think Disney wouldn't mind dipping their hand into the F&B side of The Simpsons. That's where Universal's making most of their money from anyway.

I think Disney wouldn't mind dipping their hand into the F&B side of The Simpsons. That's where Universal's making most of their money from anyway.
Even with food and beverage there are well known connotations and insinuations connected with most of the characters. I don't think the Simpsons are politically correct enough for Disney.

The ride was never that good. The CGI is so distractingly outdated and it’s not funny whatsoever. BTTF still has amazing effects, outside of that styrofoam cup, and still makes me laugh, and this is without nostalgia. All they had to do was remove any mentions of it being 2015, problem solved. It’s still a beloved IP. People nowadays look at the Simpsons with disdain and the ratings have been slipping heavily. Not to mention ride mechanics made the flying DeLorian feel much more natural than the runaway roller coaster car in the Simpsons ride. In either ride it's obvious that you are in a controlled vehicle but in Back to the Future it's supposed to feel like that. In the Simpsons ride the vehicle is supposed to be free falling through the sky, floating on water, and dangling from a rope and it really doesn't pull off the illusion.

What I’m saying is: I don’t really care if it leaves. People keep on saying a Rick & Morty ride could happen, I wish that was true. The show’s the greatest cartoon of all time and the mechanics work far better for that than for the Simpsons.

But I anticipate the comments calling me whiney and writing about nobody caring about what I’m saying, so go ahead.

I think the ride is hilarious... This is all your opinion

Simpsons will sell more merch for the next 10 years than either Back to the Future or Rick and Morty would/will...

The Simpsons has been for kids since South Park began.

I stocked Simpsons toys at Toys R Us in high school. I'm hella old (and that was long before South Park).

Was always a weird dichotomy there, and the best episodes touched on adult themes, but always had strong ties to kids. That said, the best episodes are decades old, the show is on its last legs, why are still debating this? If Disney want to revive a dying old franchise aimed at kids but with adult appeal, we'd have a Muppets Land in DHS.

Disney pretty much wants that Muppet area removed. They’ve made no secret that they don’t care about the franchise anymore after the last film and show bombed. A Muppet Babies revival and new show on Disney+ notwithstanding.

Not really. That system could make a really good Rick & Morty ride. And to anyone complaining Universal would never make a ride based on an adult IP, keep in mind: T2, Walking Dead, Blues Brothers, etc.

Not really. That system could make a really good Rick & Morty ride. And to anyone complaining Universal would never make a ride based on an adult IP, keep in mind: T2, Walking Dead, Blues Brothers, etc.

Yeah, but people do need to have heard of it.